• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding

janice

Wise Old Thumper
2 lovely petite bunnies to 2 largish girls. They arrived to me last night and I started bonding the 2 harlequin buns first ... and then the other pair.

I ended up going up to bed about 2.30 as there was lots of thumping and a little chasing going on from the second pair.

So far so good, I cannot remember which one of the boys is which ...:( however I am sure Mum (Gill) will be along soon and help me on that one.

Pair number 1 are very settled, there is a reasonable amount of grooming going on particuarly by his girlfriend. Everytime I go near them with the camera they stop and the boy jumps up and is off .... now photobucket is giving me a 403 error what ever that may be.

Pair number 2 are fairly settled but so far I have seen no grooming as yet, again the male is very jumpy, lots of thumping which I believe is normal for him and he loves jumping over what he we hope will be his wife. I am convinced by this time tomorrow they will be fine ...

Hi Janice:wave:

Have you been having a break from bonding? We have missed your weekly digests.

Hope your bonding goes well this weekend.

Helen

Hi :wave:- this is Gill, the owner of all the bunnies. I had the two little boys which I tried to bond, but we decided in the end that they would be happier being separated and to get them girlfriends instead. The first pair are Zola and Sally (which I'm going to change to Buttercup) and the second pair are Dennis and Hayley (which I'm going to change to Poppy). Dennis has always been a bit of a 'highly spitited' bunny so I though he would take longer to settle down. Sorry you had such a late night Janice :(. I hope you manage to get the camera working as I am already missing my little 'fur balls'. Looking forward to the progress report. Huge thanks. Gill

Hi Janice:wave:

Have you been having a break from bonding? We have missed your weekly digests.

Hope your bonding goes well this weekend.

Helen

The last 2 weekends I had a break as I had taken a week off work and descided that for a change it would be nice to have the option of having time out and about on a weekend. For most of the summer holidays there have been no rabbits needing pairing up as rehoming simply ground to an almost halt due to so very few people wanting to adopt bunnies.

I am fully confident that these 2 pairs will be ready to go back to Gill tomorrow evening.

The last 2 weekends I had a break as I had taken a week off work and descided that for a change it would be nice to have the option of having time out and about on a weekend.
Well you certainly deserve a break.

I am fully confident that these 2 pairs will be ready to go back to Gill tomorrow evening.
Hooray! Bet you can't wait Gill....:D

Good luck with the bondings! Hope you managed to do some nice trips during your break.
I have e-mailed you a link to my holiday photos, you may have to look through your spam mail. :lol:
Hope Donna has a new foster bunny for me soon. But she's probably busy training for her half marathon. :D

So far so good, just caught Dennis with his head tucked under Poppy's chin, he is actutally less 'tense' than he was and seems far more laid back about the whole thing now. He is less jumpy.

Zola and Buttercup just have a far easier air to them, less stressy and either eating, washing or lying next to each other :D:love:

The good news is that they are all good hay eaters.

I am so pleased to hear this :D. I have spent the afternoon scrubbing and cleaning both hutches and they are now airing in the garden ready for me to make them up tomorrow for a welcome home for everyone. I'm glad Dennis is beginning to calm down - I have missed his funny little ways . . .

Really looking forward to all my lovely 'fur balls' coming home tomorrow :love:.

This evening we are still progressing Dennis is even calmer and is sitting next to Poppy and is now washing himself. I have seen Poppy do a quick lick of Dennis's head earlier.

Zola and Buttercup are very quiet just sitting next to each other pretending they cannot see each other. Buttercups eyes are shut but Zola's are open.

I wish I could see the happy couples :love:. Please blow them all a kiss good night for me. I look forward to hearing how they are tomorrow morning.

I wish I could see the happy couples :love:. Please blow them all a kiss good night for me. I look forward to hearing how they are tomorrow morning.

About to email you some pictures as I cannot load them on here for some strange reason, they are big files so will take a while to download.

Last edited:
Overnight everyone was reasonably quiet apart from the odd thump. Just changed their litter trays and everyone is eating lots of hay, they jumped at the celery which was considered better than carrots and curley kale.

We have now more relaxed buns this morning than this time yesterday and both pairs seem happy to be very close to each other. there is a fair amount of grooming going on of each other and also themselves.

:wave: If Gill wishes to collect them later she is welcome to do so. I knwo that their hutches are all scrubbed and ready to go.

Hi this is great news. Unfortunately the photos didn't come through on my email. I'll find out if there is a problem as I'd love to see them all cuddled up. What time is best for you for me to collect them all?

Hi this is great news. Unfortunately the photos didn't come through on my email. I'll find out if there is a problem as I'd love to see them all cuddled up. What time is best for you for me to collect them all?

Anytime after 4pm is fine with me ...

Zola has just descided that he wants to be the boss and now has started trying to hump poor Buttercup, he is being a bit persistent :oops: She has now backed herself into a corner and lying low as if to say 'just get on with it'

Back