• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns sharing runs

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
For those who rotate pairs in runs, how does it work?

im thinking about puttin alyssa out later today to catch some rays, i only have one run at the minute and im going to buy a 9foot one when the buns are all bonded in a group, so what i was wondering is would it be ok to put alyssa out and then casper and marsha tomorrow?

shes unspayed as yet and chins everything.

My rabbits share 4 runs at the moment, the 3 pairs and guineas go out first for 8 hours and the the 4 singles I am planning to bond into 2 pairs go out for the next 8 hours. They all come in at night. I've never had any problems, they go up to speak to each other through the mesh, and even if the regular neighbours don't go out, and somebody else goes out, they never seem phased by it.:)

I've never had any problem, they go around chin rubbing, but after a few days it settles. They seem more excited and curious than anything else. Kizzy, our latest rescue, had hardly ever been out in a run, for all of her 8 years. She went out after Treacle and Oddeye, alongside Runt, who I'm hoping to bond her with. She did a bit of chin rubbing, said hello to Runt and then had a wee run around, Runt was the same. When Treacle and Oddeye went out the next morning, they were just their normal selves, a few binkies, said hello to Thumper and Milly next door and then into their food.
Nobody got aggitated or agressive or upset, they were just interested in the new smells.
Mine are used to having new rabbits arriving and I've never avoided putting strangers next to each other, so maybe mine are just used to it.

I rotate pairs of buns in my outside run and have not had any problems. Each pair have around 6 hours each every day :)

brill, i just want to let them have a taste of the outdoors, they won't be moving out until spring anyway, and they will live in a shed which is well insulated x

I can't see a problem withit. In fact, it may well help with the bonding process as they'll be used to one another's scent.

Well we rotate buns in the runs here that board, the run area is thoroughly dinfected and dried between buns but we've never had a problem with other buns using the same runs after others have been in them.

Back