• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What day do you clean out the buns?

Thursday, and if they messed it up badly, I will probs do it Sunday too.

Jack x

EDIT:: I clean their litter trays everyday:D

Last edited:
I tend to do any major bun run cleaning on Mondays, as I change litter pans daily. Its my day off, and that means before they can get fussy about me invading their area, they get distracted and cheered up with a few ours out in the sun :)

Everyday, but theyre mainly litter trained so only have a little poo to lift off the floor. The litter trays get cleaned moring & night because theyre all indoor buns & rabbit wee is very smelly

No routine really, each set of buns and pigs have their own level of cleanliness (or messiness!) so I just clean out properly as and when and littertrays changed every other day as most are out in the runs all day. Sweep the runs out after each use.

Litter trays daily - full clean on the Saturday or Sunday. Although, Hazel & Bella have no sense of neatness... they kick the contents of their litter tray all over, so I end up have to sweep out their entire hutch every other day or so, also. :lol: I get such a sense of satisfaction when they're clean and smelling nice though!

Litter tray everyday - Gregory just has a fleecey blanket in the bottom of his cage and doesn't wee on their so I just shake that off and wipe around the cage (easy job as he doesn't make a lot of mess!) on a Sunday evening!

PS - I have to hoover most days - he likes to spread his hay and grass around the place!

Everyday change litter pans morning n night sweep floor at dinner time cos its got carpet tiles down then clean everything out about 7pm before their bedtime feed its nice feeding em when its all tidy :)

My two permanents are cleaned out everyday as they live in the shed and although Harvey is a very good girl who uses her tray, Willow is like a pooping machine gun and they are everywhere!! :?:lol:

My fosters in hutches have wet patches picked out and poop swept out, etc and complete change once a week. :)

Full clean on a wednesday morning, litter trays are changed every morning, sometimes evenings too depending on the weather ( do them twice daiily in the heat as scared of the flies :oops: ). I also brush the runs down daily if they mess in them (on the patio) :)

Litter tray is done daily but the whole hutch and run gets swept out/cleaned on either Saturday or Sunday. I chose the weekend because I get eldest dd to climb into the run to sweep it out. ;)

Back