• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How easy is it to Cat Flap Train a bunny?

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
I am thinking about adding a cat flap on the side of the playhouse, under the window, for the buns. (Inspired by Tinsel ;)) So, can anyone tell me is it easy to install a cat flap, and train the buns to use it?
Jack x

Really easy to install.For a while i had to prop the cat flap open so they knew to go through it.

Aw! I'm flattered! Am going to try to get mine confident about it over the weekend so will keep you posted. It will be really useful to be able to give them one way access only. As it starts getting colder and darker I'm very keen to minimise the bun-rounding-up routine. Most are no problem and go to the shed readily but a few sometimes decide I need more exercise ie running up and down the garden waving a food bowl... :roll:

It took ours a day to get used to it, though it took a bit of work. I sat in their shed for a couple of hours playing with them and held the flap open whenever one of them went near. Uncharacteristically for them, they were very tentative when it came to pushing the flap themselves (so why do they keep pulling and shoving my feet?) and it took another couple of hours prompting the next day before they made the breakthrough. In the evening, I looked through the back window to check up on them, and they were both hopping around in the run :)

I had a bad sighted REW in my one wendy house with the cat flap ...... took hiom 10 minutes to find it and use it :shock: :D They are easy to fit :)

Back