• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

panacur

Hi Lisa,
Panacur and Lapizole have the same active ingredient and it is generally suggested it is used twice a year for 9 days. A lot of people prefer to use the Lapizole cos it in theory tastes nicer to the bunnies.

If an active EC infection is suspected then the course is either 28 days or 6 weeks depending on who you are talking to! I would go with the 6 week course. Once Mowgloi has finished his course I would treat him routinely every 6 months for 9 days alongside Rosie.

Hope this helps,
Vanessa xx

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,
Panacur and Lapizole have the same active ingredient and it is generally suggested it is used twice a year for 9 days. A lot of people prefer to use the Lapizole cos it in theory tastes nicer to the bunnies.

If an active EC infection is suspected then the course is either 28 days or 6 weeks depending on who you are talking to! I would go with the 6 week course. Once Mowgloi has finished his course I would treat him routinely every 6 months for 9 days alongside Rosie.

Hope this helps,
Vanessa xx

thanks so on the next one in 6months which should i use lapizole or panacur, rosie loves anacur she very odd :lol:

The recommended dose for prevention is 9 consecutive days of treatment and to repeat this 2, 3 or 4 times a year.

You should also treat them at times when they might get infected from other rabbits, eg going into boarding or brining new bunnies home.

If they have been in contact with a lot of other rabbits already then I would be tempted to give them a 6 week treatment to start with, as EC is very common.

thanks so on the next one in 6months which should i use lapizole or panacur, rosie loves anacur she very odd :lol:

I would use whichever you are most comfortable giving. I have never used Lapizole so I am not sure which is the easier to dose our bunnies with. Herbie is our only one which objects to Panacur but I suspect he would put up a fight with the Lapizole too :?

I would use whichever you are most comfortable giving. I have never used Lapizole so I am not sure which is the easier to dose our bunnies with. Herbie is our only one which objects to Panacur but I suspect he would put up a fight with the Lapizole too :?

Have you tried putting it on his paw? Rabbits generally hate their paws being dirty & therefore should lick the Panacur off

Tried all sorts.

Wasted nearly a whole tube trying to disguise it in his favourite foods :roll: He was not to be fooled! The bottom line is Herbie doesn't like being messed with and even wrapped in a towel puts up a veritable strugggle. Also under his fur Herbie is a very small bunny and it is not easy to try and hold his head steady. Nine days is a long time with Herbie :(

I think next time round I will give the Lapizole a go. It can't be any more difficult, surely!

thanks for that link ill try that :wave: mowgli wasnt impressed with the lapizole he tried spitting it out :lol: and rosie was trying to get to it, she is soo funny :lol:

Back