• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Someone Please Help? :(! U/D They are Ok.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
I went out to the buns just now, and Drake kept going up to Josh and doing something to him, then running off. Then they started to fight! I stopped it straight away, and split them up. Josh in the playhouse, Drake in Run!

After about 10 minutes I let them both back out, and they didn't go near each other. I am so worried.

I came in when I thought they were both OK. I have checked them over, and no hurts.

Is this just a Brother thing? Will it pass? They have done similar before, and they were Ok the next day.

Please can you give me advice?
Jack:cry:

Last edited:
Can you put them both in the run and keep an eye on for them for a bit?

Yep. They are both in together now, and I sat in with them for about 20 mins, but they seemed fine, they didn't go near each other, and if Josh came near Drake, Drake moved away.

I came in to see what they were like, as I can see them from the window.

Eeeeek, sounds a little like how Kitt and Jamie got even after they were neutered. Obviously, they aren't brothers but I do still think it's pretty tough to keep two males bonded. I was gutted.

I hope they sort it out Jack xx

Eeeeek, sounds a little like how Kitt and Jamie got even after they were neutered. Obviously, they aren't brothers but I do still think it's pretty tough to keep two males bonded. I was gutted.

I hope they sort it out Jack xx

Are they still bonded and together?

Are they still bonded and together?

Unfortunately not =[

Not saying your situation will be the same but Kitt was seriously injured so I had to seperate them. Now Jamie lives with Sapphire... I then attempted to bond Kitt with Hollie but she hated him too... so then Kitt is on his own, and Hollie is in love with Buddy.

xx

they might both be arguing over who gets to be the dominant rabbit. I had this problem with my rabbit brothers before the got neutured and was told they might never be friends again. But I got them rebonded a six months on, they just have seperate hutches so they can have their own space, and they've came to an agreement, Firefly is boss and Batbunny is the, er, ***** xD

They still get angry with each other a little now and then (eg, grooming too roughly/stealing treats/etc) but they never fight, so it's possible to keep them together, but probably not as each others soul mates xd

Hopefully they won't fighyt again though, it was hopefully just a one off. everyone gets annoyed with each other at times.

I can tell you the full story if you'd think it would help,

This happened to my boys too - the first time they made up. i got the impression that one rabbit had nipped the other one too hard, and he was now scared of him...so he would hop off. They rebuilt their bond withing 24 hours though.

Sadly, a month later they had another big fight and there was no going back from it and I've had to separate them. So keep an eye on them. Mine weren't brothers though which is why I had problems - i'm not trying to really worry you!

I'd try distraction tactics when they're reunited, eg some apple branches for them to chew on that may take their mind off things a bit...

I'd try distraction tactics when they're reunited, eg some apple branches for them to chew on that may take their mind off things a bit...

yes - this is good advice! put food in! the excitement of that overides all else!

My two bunnies who are brothers keep having the odd fall out:roll:They are 4 in February and i have never had to split them.Its never a proper fight just the odd fur pulling and chasing.
Hope they will be ok

Maybe there's something in the air? This week I've had Bella chasing T every time I get food out - the rest of the time they're fine. Maybe they can smell something you can't and it's unsettled them a bit?

Hope they settle back down tonight.

Ye. It wasn't a proper fight, it was like chasing, then they sort of rolled over a couple of times before I could split it up!

Ye. It wasn't a proper fight, it was like chasing, then they sort of rolled over a couple of times before I could split it up!

Just what Bell's been doing with T - bless him he's trying to keep out of her way and he's so tiny that he ends up leaping over her to get away. I just wonder whether it's because it's got warm again, but who knows, with bunnies it could be anything :rolleyes:

Just what Bell's been doing with T - bless him he's trying to keep out of her way and he's so tiny that he ends up leaping over her to get away. I just wonder whether it's because it's got warm again, but who knows, with bunnies it could be anything :rolleyes:

They are so perculiar :lol::lol:

Thanks for all the help:D

Back