• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh I just despair of my neighbours!

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I mean I usually dislike them anyway, they're very noisy and rude.

Well this eveing they cleaned out their rabbit hutch and run for the first time in must be 8-12 weeks:cry: (they put him in a horrid carrier and then practically wore a boiler suit to clean him out). I then heard them strimming and the husband saying, "We'll put this in for the rabbit, he can eat it":censored:.

There was not point in me shouting over the fence that this was wrong because they just don't listen, I've tried many, many times. The mother in law used to breed rabbits and thinks she knows all about them. I've offered to take him and either keep him myself or rehome him but they just won't let him:(.

well they may actuly love there rabbit under all there stupidety and may not wnat to get rid of him :(

at least you have tried all you cna do is give helpfull tips my neghbiour has started giving us veg and fruit bags for some reason and it does help with feeding ambey you could do that?? :?

wait for 3 weeks and phone the RSPCA if he dont get cleaned out enough they will atleast make them see sense or take him away.. poor little bunny :cry:

ruddy hell, I thought I was bad for only cleaning my rabbit hutches once a week, but that takes the p*** :censored:

I agree :( You ought to call the rspca, its awful not cleaning a rabbit out :( My aunty used to do that to her rabbit, leave it weeks! and in the end i had to say something :( Poor bunny

Thank you for the replies.

I think they think that the children 'love' him (if that makes any sense).

I have tried to give advice, I've even tried giving them spare hay and sort of saying stuff like "does your rabbit like such and such?" but it just doesn't get me anywhere:(.

I think I will try the waiting a few weeks to see if he gets cleaned out again and then talk to someone. However, with a tonne of strimmed weeds and grass to eat, he may get bloat before then:(.

They found him at the side of the road, I mean that poor rabbit had such rough luck to end up with them and not in a rescue instead.

perhaps you should put a vet's leaflet about flystrike through the door. With photos too. That might show em before that rabbit attracts too many lfies by living in filth.

Rabbits arn't toys for children to be gotten out whenever they want to play with them! :censored::evil::evil:

That long between cleaning, can you imagine the smell. Not also is it bad for the poor rabbit it has to live in its own filth. I thought freshly cut grass makes them ill? I would phone the RSPCA. :censored:

I thought freshly cut grass makes them ill? I would phone the RSPCA. :censored:

Yes, I believe it can do. I think it's someting to do with it fermenting in their stomach.

I would call the RSPCA now but I know, that they would know it was me and I am worried about retailiation against my rabbits (they're very strange next door and I wouldn't put it past them).

I have tried to talk to them about things like flystrike and other health things but they just seem to close their ears to it.

I have thought about getting Environmental Health round and saying "We have a funny smell" and then tracing it to their hutch.

My friend knew someone that was mistreating the rabbits. She waited until they went on holiday and they left them. She climbed the fence and took them, she brought them over to me where they lived the rest of their lives.

Or you could wait until you away and they know you are. Phone the RSPCA from where you are then. They may think it is someone else then.

My friend knew someone that was mistreating the rabbits. She waited until they went on holiday and they left them. She climbed the fence and took them, she brought them over to me where they lived the rest of their lives.

Or you could wait until you away and they know you are. Phone the RSPCA from where you are then. They may think it is someone else then.

Oooo thats brave - was there any come back from the neighbours?

urgh that is gross! My buns live in a Lavander Lodge of a night and they are very clean. Although they use the sleeping quarters as a toilet! I clean the sleeping ara everyday and top up with megazorb. Otherwise it just stinks!

The play area is spotless, I can't believe how clean they are!

hope your neighbours act, there is no need for this at all! :(

Back