• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new buns - more baby rex pics! pg 2

Recently I had a bun who became poorly and I separated her from the group. She seemed a lot happier away from the crowd so kept her that way. However I was worried she was too lonely. Having wanted a mini lilac rex for years this seemed like the ideal time to get one, and having found a decent breeder I collected my little boy on Tuesday. The intention was to bond him with the doe, however she was having none of that :roll: So on Wed I went back to the breeder and collected his brother. Below are a few pics of the happy boys. They will of course both be neutered when old enough, but they are so friendly and nosy and i :love: them both so much!
without further ado, meet Borage and Burnet. Borage is the lilac, Burnet the chocolate. I know I will get slated on here for not getting rescues, but I have 6 rescue rabbits, 5 rescue pigs and 1 rescue dog. I teach teenagers who noone else will have in their school who have been physically, emotionally and sexually abused. For once I wanted to have something for me, that I could handle without being bitten, scratched and lunged at. That I can raise the way I want instead of always clearing up other peoples cast offs.
So please do not berate me for buying from a breeder, at least these two will never end up in rescue at all.
x jess
P1000234.jpg

P1000215.jpg

P1000239.jpg

P1000222.jpg

Last edited:
oh they are gorgeous!
and you have definatly done your part in rescues.
i have 3 mini lops bought from a breeder, so i know what its like to get slammed for that.
sometimes, you just want to know for sure the past of the animal..

anyways. they are beautifull, i love the chocolate, the name reminds me of a brunette, which i think is fitting :)

They are beautiful! Don't worry about not rescuing, you have done loads there! Seems a shame you should have to defend yourself! Hope you get lots of fun and love with these little cuties!

They are beautiful! Don't worry about not rescuing, you have done loads there! Seems a shame you should have to defend yourself! Hope you get lots of fun and love with these little cuties!

Hesitated over whether or not to post pics of them as I have seen posts previously where people have taken the moral high ground over buns bought from breeders. Hence I felt the need to explain my reasons before people have a go. :cry:
Thanks for the comments though, they really are the best and absolutely scrummy. They aren't even bothered by the dogs, Rannoch tried to lick them through the bars and Burnet just sniffed at him :lol::shock:

They are so adorable :love:
It seems unfair for you have to defend yourself about not rescueing when you have done more than enough so dont beat yourself up about it.
Hope they are angels and not little devils like my new buns!
Have fun making a right fuss over them :D

x

omg they are stunning!

i am still in 2 minds i cant find a suitable girly bun for teegs anywhere and i dont want one that doesnt feel right (if you know what i mean) got excited about some standard rex rescues but after many attemots cant reach them then on an off chance last night i found out about a litter of mini rexes (from a breeder) available i would adore a mini rex and they very rarely come up for rescue round here. i was/am very tempted although i told myself i would get a rescue this one seems a bit too much like fate :? your two babes are stunning i am totally in love :love:

No worries, you've done your part! :D

Those are adorable bunnies you've got there. I've always loved Mini Rex's.

I know how you feel about letting peeps know you bought from a breeder. Id had my heart set on an orange mini rex & searched the rescue homes for nearly a year before giving up & buying from a breeder. Sometimes you just have to have soemthing thats just for yourself. Pumpkin was "my something" Ive no regrets, hes turned out to be one of the most loving buns Ive ever known. Enjoy your buns theyre gorgeous. :love:

Thanks guys. I think they are just the best. I am so happy. This year has been pretty rubbish really; lost my weimaraner in feb which just devastated me, lost my oldest and friendliest bun less than 24 hours later. then lost my oldest pig about a month later. Work has been rubbish and had to go back on anti-depressants a couple of months ago. These babies though have really lifted me. Spent loads buying a new hutch for them, have also bought a new shed to replace the old shed as its rotten, have really enjoyed spending money on them all recently.
And thank you for the comments about them being from a breeder not a rescue. I was worried I would get told off :oops: x jess

Oh my goodness Jess!!!! You better hide them from me, as I might be tempted to bunny nap them!!!! They are soooooooooo adorable - hope you enjoy spoiling them, I'm sure they are going to love being spoiled by you xx

Back