• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nuetering Costs

silverfox

Warren Scout
I have just been on the phone to the vets and I have been quoted a price of £155.50 to have 1 dog spayed, 3 bucks nuetered and a doe spayed. Is this a good price? I was told that I can get help as I am a carer for my sons, so the RSPCA will help me towards half of the cost and the K9 defence league, I just have to prove my income. I am hoping that this is good costs.

I can't really say, it sounds about right. I know the vets in my area (I'm also in greater manchester) are very expensive and don't do student discounts, but the local pets at home had the best prices I could find.

blimey sounds good to me...my mum got a quote of £125 to spay her terrier at our vets,rabbits are £42 for a boy and £48 fr a girl....was that with or without the deductions from the rspca?

I found that pets at home were very expensive, almost tripling what the vets at my local ashton have said.

for the rabbits, I have to pay half the price. So it was £60 per boys and £71 for the girl. I have 3 boys and 1 girl. With the discount it was £30 boys and £35.50 girl. The dog is over £100 without discount.

yeah I have a friend there. What vets are you getting a quote from? because Pets at Home was the cheapest I could find for my rabbits @_@

Gourleys Vets, its in Ashton near the bus station, they also have a branch on Ashton New Rd Droylsden.

Name:
M Gourley

Address:
82 Wellington Road
Ashton-under-Lyne
Lancashire
OL6 6DP

Telephone: 0161 330 2514/4839

That price is fantastic. I think Elaine from Tameside Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue uses Gourley's vets you could always pm her and ask if she does or can reccommend one for you:D

If the RSPCA are paying towards it then haven't you got to take it to their vets in Manchester, I would check

I have already contacted Gourleys and they have told me as long as I have proof of income, they have all the forms there and I will get the help needed to help towards the costs.:) They said I did'nt need to go to Manchester.

I remember hearing good things about them a while back now. I think my first dog got sorted there but I don't remember too much as i was a little girl at the time xD

Back