• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know how you rescue centres do it!!!!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I've just come back from my second trip to the vets this morning... on the bus, and I am tired!! But I know that something like this is nothing compared to what our rescues do!!

You guys have to take so much emotional strain and it must be so heartbreaking when one of your rabbits, even the rescue ones, become ill - I would never be able to run a rescue because I panic at everything to do with my bunnies (ask Kayj and Hilda :roll:)

So I just wanted to say, to all rescues, YOU ARE AMAZING!!

xx

oh i know, i find it hard enough to deal with silly owners with my bunny boarding, but 90% of them are ace, and love hearing the advice and the next time i see them they have followed it, however every now and again i get a stupid ignoran tperson and i think 'rescues have people like every day'

so round of applause to you all!

:wave:

Yes - I have no idea how you rescues manage!
I have had two very ill rabbits for two weeks (one with broken leg and surgery etc etc, the other with bladder surgery and follow up problems), as well as the 'usual weepy eye in my 10 year old nethie and slightly poo bum in another, and , what with the other 8, it seems to take ALL DAY to change, clean, medicate, wash towels, carry between 'sick' crates and outdoor small day runs, go to vets (wait hours in vets), pick endless fresh weeds for them to tempt palates, etc etc etc the start tje whole carrying inside, re-medicating etc etc in the evening.

Most days I have not been able to start my actual work until about 12pm (and them stop again at 5pm to go to vets!!). God knows how you manage when you have 70 or so rather than just 12 and loads of rescue ones are usually special needs or ill etc!!!

You must get up at 3 in the morning!!

I know, I seem to spend all my time feeding/cleaning/going to the vet/stressing about imaginary ailments and I only have three so goodness knows how anyone copes with running a rescue with multiple buns in, as well as all the :censored: you get from people bringing in their buns... well done to you all :wave:

Back