• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rose clear. is it safe to use around Oscar?

Suzi Wong

Mama Doe
Just noticed that there is black spot on the roses (That I got for Oscar) :roll:

So I now need to treat them with rose clear.
It says on the box "Safe to use around animals and children". Do I have to keep Oscar off them though because he usually eats them, if I have to keep him off them completely the roses will have to go because it's Oscars garden and I cant have anything nasty out there:D

Thanks.
Sue.

I wouldn't personally as it is a fungicide....there is a difference between "safe around animals" and safe for consumption. If he does eat it is would have to be very well washed.

I have heard of people having sucess with tea tree oil but that usually has to be put on regular & before symptoms start to show. trouble is that tea tree oil is anticeptic as well so might upset his get......

Is the whole bush infected or just a bit? If only a little bit I'd just cut it out.

Thanks very much.
I have now looked this up on the net and found some good advice, so will be trying it today.:D

Thanks again.
Sue.

Back