• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Shows...

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
I would love to show my rabbits, but I need to know a few things so I can determine which one of the buns would be suitable..

Bugsy absolutely hates being picked up and will go ballistic if someone tries to, would injure the person picking up as she kicks.. is this a problem?

She is brilliant at being stroked etc.. but not being picked up! How would i get her from her cage to the judging table?

Are there any particular standards for showing??

Info much appreciated :):love:

Are you thinking of doing proper brc shows or pet shows?
The picking up issue is a problem as stewards have to pick up the rabbit and bring him or her to the table. Then he or her would have to sit on the table still while they mark him or her.
The standards are variable by breed and by type of show.

it sounds like you shouldnt put your buns through the stress of shows....they will be cooped up most of the day and the stewerd will have to put the rabbit from cage to table and back..also if they are bnded sometimes the smell of other rabbtis can upset them. personally i wouldnt unless yo uthink the rabbit enjoys being picked up and is very very calm and would sit there being checked to make sure it is a perfect breed specimin..... i dont go to shows the last time i went albeit many years ago i was saddened by the large buns in small cages :(

Ok thanks guys :)

I was looking at just pet shows.

Two of my buns would be perfect.. but bugsy is the prettiest.. but doesnt like being picked up.. although loves being stroked.. :D

No pics yet.. But uploading some tonight or tomorrow, so I will make a new thread :)

Bugsy is a Lionhead x Lop (maybe french lop, as she is rather big)
Lottie is a dutch x (maybe a lop) unsure.
Alfie is a Rex x

:) You can slightly see bugs in my avatar pic << although not a great pic..

pet rabbits are judged on Cleaniness and friendlyness plus condition
Not the prettist;)
and yes if i was stewardin and got injured while handerling a PET rabbit i would be very unhappy and pets are ment to be able to be handled.

Last edited:
Back