• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gucci is ignoring me =[ U/D Another U/D! page 3

Well, when I went to deal with the buns and feed them this morning, Gucci hasnt ate anyof her food from yesterday or drank. She was the corner and when I went to give her an ear rub she backed off :shock:
She has neverdone this but Fendi is fine with me now and Louis has always been OK with me, so why is Gucci doing this?

x

Last edited:
I would definitely get straight on the phone to your vets and get an appointment ASAP. The sooner they can start treatment the better.

It could become stasis if she hasn't eaten anything for over 12 hours, and she's already acting out of character which is a good give away that she's not feeling well.

Get her to the vets today hun :)

Okay :(
I am really worried!
I only got her on wednesday!!!

it could be stress, stress can trigger stasis but if she hasnt eaten for 12 hours or pooed then that is what she has. if she goes to the vet they can help her, gut stimulants etc but if you leave it it will be harder to get out of it and it will kill her.

she wont come out of it by herself, but she will with vet treatment.

vibes for gucci xxxx

ETA - just try tempting her with fresh grass, or some herbs etc to see if that works but if it doesnt then she needs a vet now

Sending vibes for Gucci. It's all been said, but she really does need to see a vet if she hasn't eaten for that long. You've caught it early so she has the best chance to get well again, but do make sure she sees the vet asap. Good luck. :love:

it could be stress, stress can trigger stasis but if she hasnt eaten for 12 hours or pooed then that is what she has. if she goes to the vet they can help her, gut stimulants etc but if you leave it it will be harder to get out of it and it will kill her.

she wont come out of it by herself, but she will with vet treatment.

vibes for gucci xxxx

ETA - just try tempting her with fresh grass, or some herbs etc to see if that works but if it doesnt then she needs a vet now

Oh dear :cry:
I am so worried.
I feel like a bad owner because I have only had her about 2 days!!
Thank you and I am off to call my vet :(
Wish me luck!

Oh dear :cry:
I am so worried.
I feel like a bad owner because I have only had her about 2 days!!
Thank you and I am off to call my vet :(
Wish me luck!

its not your fault, sometimes it can happen simply by moving the bunny to a new home, she has probably just scared herself. i have had holiday bunnies do it because they have had trouble settling, its rare but it does happen.

as long as she gets gut stimulants, and pain relief, maybe some fibreplex she will be okay x

Just been on the phone to the vet and she said that Gucci doesnt need to come in and that I should leave her a week without touching her or holding her then she will settle in more.
I cant wait a week but I will do anything to help Gucci! :(

x

Just been on the phone to the vet and she said that Gucci doesnt need to come in and that I should leave her a week without touching her or holding her then she will settle in more.
I cant wait a week but I will do anything to help Gucci! :(

x

then phone a different vet.

because if she hasnt eaten or pooed she MUST be seen by a vet. xxxxx

when did she last poop hun? have you felt her tummy? gently feel her tummy and let us know if it feel swollen or hard
Well I got her on wednesday and I fed her an ounce because I got her in the evening. She pooped then and in here carry case. Yesterday she didnt eat at night or morning. So Wednesday night :shock::cry:
She wont let me go near her! She just struggles to the point where I get worried she will brake a bone :shock::cry::cry:

x

DO phone a different vet!
If you post a 'vet request' on here with the town/village you live in then someone should be able to suggest one. Leaving a non-eating rabbit alone for a week will produce a dead rabbit.

Back