• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hare in our garden

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Last Friday, I was eating my tea and spotted two black tipped ears passing the french doors. Lo and behold it was indeed a hare, not a very old one by the look of it.
It did a lap of the garden and ran off.
Tonight I saw a brown blur through the window (it was so quick it was honestly just like a streak of brown!), and it was the hare again. He hopped throught the hedge and back again, then had a nibble on some grass and ran off into the fields.
It's a beautiful creature. I doubt very much it will stand still long enough for me to take a picture.
I have seen one around our garden before - I even caught it and Bobby boxing through the bars on the run:shock: but they're a fairly unusual sight.

Aww how lovely!! :love::love::love:

Wish i could see a beautiful hare in real life. :love:

When i went on a holiday a few years ago, there was a family of wild bunnies living behind my chalet.

I often see hares in the fields near me. They're such beautiful creatures and so damned fast:lol:. Here's a photo I got of one. I was too slow :lol:
hare-1.jpg

oo i might go have a look, id get a wicked hare photo with my camera :p

Nearer to you (and nicer than a landfill) is Rivenhall airfield, it is near Braintree. There is also little owls there...it's really deserted so great for spotting them...loads of bunnies too :D

Nearer to you (and nicer than a landfill) is Rivenhall airfield, it is near Braintree. There is also little owls there...it's really deserted so great for spotting them...loads of bunnies too :D
rivenhall is near witham isnt it?

hmmm ive been meaning to get some good wild bunny or hare shots :D

rivenhall is near witham isnt it?

hmmm ive been meaning to get some good wild bunny or hare shots :D

I keep trying to get some decent photos of hares but I must be too noisy as they're usually at the other end of the field about to run in the hedge. Maybe I need to be quieter and crawl along the ground.

Back