• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What time do you shut your buns up for the night??

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Buns have a run attached to their cage now, its fully enclosed. What time do you all put your buns to bed?? I normally go out for the last time around 11pm and give them spring greens or something similar but didnt know if they should be left out until then :? I do put the light on for them :)

We do our last rounds at about 10pm ish. All of our buns have secure runs on hardstanding attached to their indoor accommodation so none of them actually get shut in at all. Afterall, if the run is secure then it's secure whether it's night or day so mine have all their space all the time. Makes their life less stressful as they aren't shut in and makes my life easier as I don't have to chase them to bed at night. All of my buns seem to be much happier since I adopted this way of doing things. It was Tamsin who spoke about runs having to be secure enough all of the time and not just at night some time back on a post and she's so right in my opinion. :D

Sienna and Dudley usually have their greens about 10pm and then we go and give them a treat and shut them in just before we go to bed, usually about 11 - 11.30pm ... but they get to stay up late at the weekend .... if they've been good!!

House buns come and go as they please until we shut them in their room before we go to bed!

moll has ''her room'' 24/7, and Shauny has ''his''/''erm our'' room 24/7 apart from wr awake then he has access to the hall and other room.
x

Mine are in their enclosures permanently.
I usually go out around 11pm to say night night though. Can't settle until I've checked the enclosures are secure and I've told the bunnies how much I love them:oops:

Squidgy (house bunny) is free range during they day, but he goes to bed in his double hutch about 11.30pm. It's when he gets his basil, so he usually takes himself to bed if we're a little late.

We do our last rounds at about 10pm ish. All of our buns have secure runs on hardstanding attached to their indoor accommodation so none of them actually get shut in at all. Afterall, if the run is secure then it's secure whether it's night or day so mine have all their space all the time. Makes their life less stressful as they aren't shut in and makes my life easier as I don't have to chase them to bed at night. All of my buns seem to be much happier since I adopted this way of doing things. It was Tamsin who spoke about runs having to be secure enough all of the time and not just at night some time back on a post and she's so right in my opinion. :D

Thats very true! Our run is on the patio, so they are unable to dig their way out as such, nothing can get in either but i worry as we live on the edge of cannock chase :? But thinking about it, its secure and we leave them in it all day long when were out etc so a night time wouldnt make any difference. Hmm <thinks>

We usually bring Freddie and Bella into the house from about 7 where they are with us until we go to bed at about 12.

And I know we have foxes - my neighbour feeds them every night across the road in a field - I met them last week a whole family of 7 waiting for their supper.

I am not worried because my buns can all hide if they want to (have lots of things to hide in plus their accommodation, I have a big old rattly bell on our back gate if visitors decide to visit, and all of the hutches/sheds and runs are locked with heavy bolts or hasp/staple arrangements.

my pair get locked up between 11pm-12am depending on when i go to bed or how much i can take of alvin eating the wallpaper cus im late with pellets..:roll:

ste will then have about an hour of him time before he lets them back out until about 5am when he comes to bed

it depends really the outside buns around 8 9 ish pending on weather, indoors they go to bed when i go to bed providing they havent been nawty :lol:

And I know we have foxes - my neighbour feeds them every night across the road in a field - I met them last week a whole family of 7 waiting for their supper.

I am not worried because my buns can all hide if they want to (have lots of things to hide in plus their accommodation, I have a big old rattly bell on our back gate if visitors decide to visit, and all of the hutches/sheds and runs are locked with heavy bolts or hasp/staple arrangements.

:shock: Feeding foxes?!? George and Lottie have plently to hide in too. Only thing is when they see me bringing the greens out of an evening they automatically jump into the hutch and sit there waiting :) Well trained bunnies. I dont have to chase them or anything but i do think it may be worth trying to leave them out one of the nights. Like you say, they have their hutch to go into if need be, also a seperate house which i got from zooplus and snugglesafe warrens etc so lots of hidey holes! may give it a try

it depends really the outside buns around 8 9 ish pending on weather, indoors they go to bed when i go to bed providing they havent been nawty :lol:QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: made me smile! We used to have that problem with lottie, every time she ate a cable etc we put her to bed for 10 mins :oops:

Back