• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Peeing on himself - help please

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
okay im very confused, peanut has been back to his old self, putting weight back on, hes happier, had a vet check last tuesday and he said he looked 'the picture of health'

yet today, i go to the run, and hes lying with his legs out behind him like he does, but hes legs look ORANGE i pick him up and ALL down hes back legs, under his tail, under his tummy he is DRENCHED, and i mean soaking wet with urine....

is there anything other than E.C that could make him do this :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

do bunnies ever do this as a one time, no reason type thing or is this something to be very concerned about??????

I would take him to the vets as this can be a sign of something serious. Not to worry you, it's best to get it seen to as soon as poss though I'd say. It is something thevet has told me to watch out for with Gregory since he's had his weeing problems.

Has he had blood tests?

Has he been on a course of antibiotics to rule out any infections?

Sounds like EC, but it could also be :

Nerve damage to his spine
Pain reaction
Kidney problems
Bladder stones...

He needs to see the vet basically! If they even suspect EC he should be on a 28 day course of Panacur while they rule out everything else just in case.

Has he had blood tests?

Has he been on a course of antibiotics to rule out any infections?

yeh he had a 28 course of panacur, and then also bcus he has sore hocks at the time, he had baytril, and metacam for pain etc.

hes such a clean bunny, none of my buns have ever done this :(:(:(

Has he had blood tests done? Poor peanut. Sending vibes x x

no that was the next step, but they said try the panacur etc first, and bcus he started gaining weight and having more energy, the vet said the panacur must be working.

could he have like...i dunno bladder stones or something?! i really dont think its E.C, none of the others are like this, and Jelly is fine, she stayed the same weight since ive had her, and surely she would have picked it from him, especially as they are in the run together alll day, and they pee on the grass?

oh i am stresing out big time, is there any way hes just peed on himself for no reason, or with that ammount it there just no way?

my poor boy, he cant get sick now :( not when he has three friends who love him :(

I think back to the vets and blood test to find out if there's anything else going on.
Did he do this last time he was ill too or is it new?

I think back to the vets and blood test to find out if there's anything else going on.
Did he do this last time he was ill too or is it new?

nope this is completly new, and thats whats weird.

he seems better, hes got more weight, more active, so its not like ive been watching him go downhill?!

I'm sorry I really can't think. Like you say he's gained weight and seemed on the mend :?
I can only say vets and blood tests etc to see if there is another underlying problem.
Or it could be no more sinister than a urine infection and an antibiotic injection would sort that.
sending vibes xx

It could be a urinary infection which should be easy enough for vet to clear up, I take him along to the vets, and if you can take a urine sample with you.

It could be a urinary infection which should be easy enough for vet to clear up, I take him along to the vets, and if you can take a urine sample with you.

it sounds silly but should i wait to see if he does it again, or just take him anyway? is it possible that some buns do just pee for no reason, or is that never the case?

i just wonder if i should keep an eye on him and if it happens again take him straight away?

it sounds silly but should i wait to see if he does it again, or just take him anyway? is it possible that some buns do just pee for no reason, or is that never the case?

i just wonder if i should keep an eye on him and if it happens again take him straight away?

I would take him anyway...maybe it is some kind of damage left over from the EC? Is he ok in himself?

I would take him anyway...maybe it is some kind of damage left over from the EC? Is he ok in himself?

hes just the same and he didnt mind me and mum cleaning him, we sat him in the sink in the utility and washed his bum down and he just didnt care, he wasnt bothered.

hmm well i cant take him until monday, so i suppose that will give me a larger window to say how long he has been doing it, as to whether or not he does it over the weekend! i nearly took a photo but itjust stunk so much ihad to get it off him :?

I'm sorry to hear PB is possible poorly again. I wouldn't rule out E.C as his symptoms point in this direction. It may well be that the panacur was working, but as you have just bonded them into a foursome that was most likely a very stressful affair for him, and will have surpressed his immune system. It's very likely this has triggered off the infection again. I would start him on a course of panacur and take him to the vets.

Back