• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

correct weight for a dwarf lop

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
does anyone know? i mean peanut could well be a cross breed but to be honest he has the correct face shape etc for a dwarf and the vet seems to think he isnt a cross, so i am assuming he isnt.

but i want to know the 'normal' weight if possible please

At the vets yeaterday, D&J didn't get weighed, but judging from your siggy, Josh is about the same as Peanut, and the vet said they are both really healthy, etc.

I am not sure of the average weight though?:?

i would say around the 2-2.5kg mark?

how much does he weigh?

Casper is a lop sort of between a mini and dwarf in size and he is 1.8 x

bcus at the time of his neuter, he was 2.8- may 07 and when he was ill recently he was 1.7 - june/july 08, so drastically different but hes got more slender since he became an adult and he was neutered when he was young and chubby :lol:

he has now put on weight and is 2.1kg, so he has put on weight and is keeping it on, but its difficult to know if he is at the correct weight yet.

i cant feel his ribs, and he has a 'pear shape' if i look at him from above so hes not chubby, so he seems to be correct?

so he is normalish then, just i remember him being so much porkier.

then again, he used to have a four foot hutch, 1 foot deep, and he had a big bowl of muesli every day, and when he was neutured i had just joined here...and then got hima lovely big hutch, paired him with jelly and changed from a 4 x 4 foot run, to huggggee ones, so i suppose he just has a better diet and exercise now so its good he isnt as porky!!

Back