• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor accomodation

due to the split, and things getting bad with gail, i am now taking saffy & edina to live at me but they will have to become outdoor bunnies again as i dont have any room indoors for them. sadly im now having to pay a large mortgage bills etc on my own and im really going to be struggling to pay out for the flags, shed etc for them.

i need to get accomodation sorted by end of sept so they have a couple of months to acclimatise to being outside.

so far i've thought of a 6x8 shed but i think i'll be pushed for space for an attached run. and its a bit more than i can afford.

alternatively i was thinking of a 6x4 shed with the old 6x4 run attached and a catflap for access. the girls are very small but i still dont know if this would be sufficient. they are long-haired so i wouldnt want them to get wet but if i provided some cover for the run would they be alright with this option? (i will put them in the shed overnight).

advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks. sarah.

Wow hun thats loads a room for 2 buns they will be able to bomb about all over in that much space :)

I'm sure 6x4 shed with 6x4 run would be fine. We have just done a 8x6 shed with a 6x4 run attached with a catflap in between and it's working brilliantly, though I think a 7'x5' or 6'x4' would have been just fine. Like you, i'm sometimes a bit concerned about giving them a bit more cover for the run. I've seen some 6'x4' and 6'x9' Tarpaulin for about £5 delivered on ebay which seems a reasonable way to keep the worst of the rain off. The catflap was about £6 from Argos and they took about a day to get used to it (clever chaps!).

Sounds like ample room.
Focus are doing 6x4 sheds at the mo for £99. They are only shiplap, but a very good price!

due to my lovely dad helping me out by buying the flagstones - i should shortly be the proud owner of a 7x5 "seconds" shed (£200 for shed, delivery and installation - castle buildings in barnsley). the bunnies have wrecked my mum's plans for a veg plot at the top of my garden :lol: so we've redesigned things and the shed is going at the top of the garden with the run at the end of it. the veg plot is now getting ever closer to my french doors though!

i reckon 7x5 shed and a 6x4 run should be more than enough for saffy & edina :D and i'm feeling cheerful now

sarah

Well I'm sure it will be fine for them, but bare in mind our 6x3 hutches with a
7 x3 run was not considered suitable when you looked around for boarding them:roll:

Back