• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possibility of a foresome...

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
hmm.. the vet has got me thinking...

which is the best way to bond a foresome?

if i could get em all together, they would have a double floor 6x2x2 on each level and half the 8ft shed where it resides...

but is it best to get bailey and alyssa bonded first and then introduce as couples?

or is it better to bond all 4 at once?

casper and marsha are a couple x

Might as well just do the foursome all in one go. Not necessarily much point in bonding the pair first as the dynamic will change completely when you put the foursome together. We bonded our pair with 2 singles and it worked :)

oooh shall wait until lys is spayed then!! she is a wee bit bigger than all of them, but won't be too much bigger once she has lost some weight.

I'd have someone with you though. I tried to bond a foursome recently & didn't have enough arms for all the fights that broke out:roll::lol:

I would say put all 4 together straight away. The problem with bonding 2 pairs is that there will be a dominant bunny in each pair so they will then have to work out who is going to be boss of the group. Saying that I am bonding 2 pairs into a group on Monday, I'm not nervous at all honest :shock::lol::lol::lol:

i would say all four straight away too, mine were in pairs and it worked but that was lucky in actual fact it could have ruined it, youre lucky bcus you have 2 singles and marsha and casper havent been bonded that long so its a good chance it will work.

:D:D:D:D

i would say all four straight away too, mine were in pairs and it worked but that was lucky in actual fact it could have ruined it, youre lucky bcus you have 2 singles and marsha and casper havent been bonded that long so its a good chance it will work.

thanks sj.

i spoke to nick about it and he was like, erm, ok.

i wish i had made mine a group ages ago, today domino and jelly were snuggled under a teeeny little plastic stool together, while pebbles and peanut binkied everywhere, then about an hour later, domino and peanut were snuggling, and jelly and pebbles were sitting in a hay box together, i love seeing them mix and match, and spend time with each other :D

What sexes were your pairs? I am going to try to bond a pair of girls to a pair of boys, which I'm hoping is going to be easier than 2 boy/girl pairs

Thank you, i keep thinking of your success when I think about bonding mine. These rescue bunnies so deperately need a home but they can only stay here if the bonding is successful so I really need this to work out for them. I am so nervous about it I haven't told anyone which bunnies they are in case I jinks the bonding some how :oops::oops: :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you, i keep thinking of your success when I think about bonding mine. These rescue bunnies so deperately need a home but they can only stay here if the bonding is successful so I really need this to work out for them. I am so nervous about it I haven't told anyone which bunnies they are in case I jinks the bonding some how :oops::oops: :lol::lol::lol:

well i shouted it from the rooftops and mine was okay :D lol

the key is that Domino didnt challenge peanut butter (both boys) domino is happy not to be the boss when in actuak fact i said to louise when she was here that domino was going to the the stroppy one, and he wasnt.

i wouldnt bother seeing how they get thru the bars though, peanut bit dominos nose theu the mesh and both couples chased each other, but as soon as they were together, they were fine :D

also dont give them much space, i used a canvas puppy pen, same size as a metal one, and they stayed in that for 11 days, bcus when i put them in a run after 8 days they fought, too much space :)

I bought a canvas puppy pen off ebay especially for this bonding as I knew you were using one and thought it was a great idea :D

Back