• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know of blankets that can be washed at a high temp (not Vetbed)?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I'm looking for some sort of animal blanket that can be washed at a high temperature. I have some that I got from a cheapy shop, but they can only be washed at 40 degrees. I don't really want to use Vetbed if possible, as I find the hay gets very caught up in it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Ive got some old woollen blankets and I wash them at high temps and nothing has happened to them.Then again I may not be the best person to answer this as I tend to dye my OH T shirts pink when I do the washing:roll::roll:

I did wonder that. Was hoping for something a bit thicker, but it would be better than nothing.

I did wonder that. Was hoping for something a bit thicker, but it would be better than nothing.

Cotton sheets ontop of Vetbed ? You could make a sort of 'duvet cover' with the sheet and pop the Vetbed inside it. Then the hay wont get stuck in the Vetbed. I wash all my Vetbed at 90C and it's lived to tell the tale!!

The jersey cotton duvet sets are quite good, a little thicker and still soft on the feet. We also use cotton throws for Squidgy.

I use towels over vetbed (or if not necessary to have soft base just towels and newspaper.

If you need to know if they are peeing and how much use white towels (it can look dramatic, or if you have the bun confined for some other reason then you can use coloured.

Tescos etc do really really cheap ones.

Hiya not sure if there is an Aldi near you but I picked up a couple of thick pet blankets from their for £2.99 each which seem good.

Back