• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's everywhere!

Lynne18

Warren Scout
Before I joined this site the message I just read on freecycle would n't have upset me. All it said was something along the lines of "Wanted-rabbit hutch. A friend would like to get a rabbit for her little boy but the cost of the hutch is prohibiting."

And i'm thinking there goes another potential hell hole for a bunny.

I know what you mean. So many things upset me and get me angry. Like you, I can no longer see ads on Freecycle and Freeads without worrying about the welfare of some poor animal. Am also in process of finding alternative suppliers of my pellets and hay as I can no longer bear to go in Pets at Home after seeing and hearing so many troubling things. The latest being a woman asking a member of staff 'Which rabbit is the youngest in here?' and the member of staff replying 'Oh, it's usually whichever one is the smallest'. :?

This site is great for the fact that it educates so many of us and that can only be a good thing!!

I recently saw somebody on freecycle that was looking for a hutch and said it needed to be at least 4ft as it was for a large rabbit. :shock:

BUT I was pleasantly suprised to see another offering a hutch that clearly stated it was for guinea pigs only as it wasn't big enough for rabbits.

I know what you mean. So many things upset me and get me angry. Like you, I can no longer see ads on Freecycle and Freeads without worrying about the welfare of some poor animal. Am also in process of finding alternative suppliers of my pellets and hay as I can no longer bear to go in Pets at Home after seeing and hearing so many troubling things. The latest being a woman asking a member of staff 'Which rabbit is the youngest in here?' and the member of staff replying 'Oh, it's usually whichever one is the smallest'. :?

This site is great for the fact that it educates so many of us and that can only be a good thing!!
Pets at home really annoy me .I was in there not long ago and a rabbit was laid flat out on its side - it didnt look well at all.I talked to it and it didnt move .I told a member of staff. She said "Thats how rabbits lay".I said "i know how rabbits lay i have them"..
She then replied "yes but thats a giant rabbit and thats how giants lay".I then said "I have 3 giants and i know all about giants and yes they do sometimes lay on their side but its clearly obvious that your rabbit is not well".She was quite snotty and said their rabbits are health checked everyday by a member of staff.I told her that the member of staff has little expierience then as you can see the rabbit was not well at all.She said she would check him i said i was phoning RSPCA!:evil:

Pets at home really annoy me .I was in there not long ago and a rabbit was laid flat out on its side - it didnt look well at all.I talked to it and it didnt move .I told a member of staff. She said "Thats how rabbits lay".I said "i know how rabbits lay i have them"..
She then replied "yes but thats a giant rabbit and thats how giants lay".I then said "I have 3 giants and i know all about giants and yes they do sometimes lay on their side but its clearly obvious that your rabbit is not well".She was quite snotty and said their rabbits are health checked everyday by a member of staff.I told her that the member of staff has little expierience then as you can see the rabbit was not well at all.She said she would check him i said i was phoning RSPCA!:evil:

Good for you Pixie! When Ive had to go in for pellets, my husband has refused to come in with me cos he knows what im like. I always check the rabbits and guineas and also the adoption section. If anything is amiss I tell them.

I kind of wanted to email her to suggest that if her friend couldn't afford a hutch then perhaps she shouldn't have a rabbit as their not a cheap pet to keep. But I thought it sounded harsh.......I know, i'm a wimp.:oops:

Back