• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Xmas-what do you buy your rabbits?

i dont think ill buy them anything.... id rather do the secret santa again that Sarah organised last year and the RU xmas appeal too :D

I will probably get the buns some treats and toys or equiptment(sp?).
I never get to sleep on christmas and stay up all night so I will probably be out with the buns all night so yeah :roll::oops::lol:

Too early to talk about xmas though!

X

I always start my shopping in September, that way all presents are bought before December which means any money is mine and I can treat myself to the things I want.

This is the first year with my rabbits and guinea's, I have always bought my dog presents.

I always start my shopping in September, that way all presents are bought before December which means any money is mine and I can treat myself to the things I want.

This is the first year with my rabbits and guinea's, I have always bought my dog presents.

Same and same!
How funny?!
And also that way you know people wont have you the same gift you got them or anything like that because you got it earlier!

How did you do a secret santa on here?

Missy SJ organised it.. we had to pm her to say we wanted to take part and the rescues posted pics of thier permanent buns.. sarah matched us up and we sent a prezzie to the rescue bun... it was brilliant, buns who will never leave rescues got nice prezzies for xmas :D

I don't buy my bunnies presents at all as it means nothing to them, but they still seem to like me:lol::lol:

Blue was teeny tiny last xmas ( 12 weeks) and for the 1st month I had him he was in a small hutch I got of my nieghbor. So I bought him a new hutch......he looked so lost in it bless him! Hes grown into it now though.
Must admit, the best bit of it all was watching my O/H trying to put it together. Hes an engineere in the navy.....took him 2 1/2 hours. Said 20 minutes on the box!!!
We get presents to each other from pets in my family so we decided to do some from Blue....the :censored: bought me the bumper book of bunny suicides. I saw the funny side in the end but he was lucky not so have been clobbered this it!

Bluesmum Blue was teeny tiny last xmas ( 12 weeks) and for the 1st month I had him he was in a small hutch I got of my nieghbor. So I bought him a new hutch......he looked so lost in it bless him! Hes grown into it now though.
Must admit, the best bit of it all was watching my O/H trying to put it together. Hes an engineere in the navy.....took him 2 1/2 hours. Said 20 minutes on the box!!!
We get presents to each other from pets in my family so we decided to do some from Blue....the bought me the bumper book of bunny suicides. I saw the funny side in the end but he was lucky not so have been clobbered this it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am really sad. I will get them toys and wrap them up in paper and get them to rip them apart. Supervised of course and no eating paper although they seem to be fine with eating wallpaper, newspaper, letters, bills, magazines etc etc. They will be named and put under the tree for xmas where they will come and open prezzies with us. No wonder people think I am mad!:oops::lol:

I am really sad. I will get them toys and wrap them up in paper and get them to rip them apart. Supervised of course and no eating paper although they seem to be fine with eating wallpaper, newspaper, letters, bills, magazines etc etc. They will be named and put under the tree for xmas where they will come and open prezzies with us. No wonder people think I am mad!:oops::lol:

I did the same last year! We bought them a special pack from PAH, wrapped it up, with a bow! And on Christmas morning, they opened it, and we even got them a card, and hung it up in their then Hutch.
:lol:

I did the same last year! We bought them a special pack from PAH, wrapped it up, with a bow! And on Christmas morning, they opened it, and we even got them a card, and hung it up in their then Hutch.
:lol:

Aaawwww glad to know Im not the only mad person. :lol::lol: Well they are part of the family.

I do it also. I also make sure that I buy my dog turkey flavoured dinner. The pets open there presents first, then the kids.:p

Aaawwww glad to know Im not the only mad person. :lol::lol: Well they are part of the family.

Thats what I say to my dad everytime he has a go at me. We bought them a mirror from PAH a few weeks ago, and when he found out, he said:

"Have they got a toothbrush and fridge aswell?"

I was like...No, they are on order!

Blue got so excited about open his presents....I think its more the fact that he didn't get shouted at for ripping up paper. Although we did have to apologise to friends and family for the nibbled bits of presents. No matter where we put them he managed to get them! What a naughty bun!
Do you guys all celebrate birthdays/joining the family days? Or am I just OTT? :oops:

Back