PDA

View Full Version : Post 59 Pippin is being put to sleep at 6.45 tonight, she's gone 8-(

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Could Pippin be in renal failure, just in it from a long time and it not of bothered her, but because I had the blood tests it showed it up?

BUT in actual fact that is not wrong with her, could she have teeth problems that have put her off her food and causing the bloating?

I am waiting for the vet to call be back, she looks like she has dribble on her chin and one of her eyes are crusty, could it be she's got a bad sodding tooth and they have just not checked and the renal failure would not of show had I not had the blood tests?

parsnipbun
27-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Well actually I did almost post that suggestion. I have had a couple of rabbits that (in the early days of EC) spent at least a year of their lives gradually being technically 'in renal failure' - and you know they looked pretty chirpy and happy most of the time!!! But of course because of that they went downhill very quickly if something else went wrong with them and we had to work hard to nurse them round..
One had such appaling counts one time in their blood the vet almost refused to believe she was still alive - but she had another 9 months of happy life before passing away very suddenly.

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Well actually I did almost post that suggestion. I have had a couple of rabbits that (in the early days of EC) spent at least a year of their lives gradually being technically 'in renal failure' - and you know they looked pretty chirpy and happy most of the time!!! But of course because of that they went downhill very quickly if something else went wrong with them and we had to work hard to nurse them round..
One had such appaling counts one time in their blood the vet almost refused to believe she was still alive - but she had another 9 months of happy life before passing away very suddenly.

Thanks for that, I swear to :censored: god if this is the case I am going to cause so much trouble for the vets in question. This is the first time I have notice any eye or dribble, I know the dribble could of been from force feeding but where as the eye come from.

Maizey
27-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Aww I dont know Tree.The only way to find out is to get the vets to check her teeth.It must be doing your head in trying to find an answer.I really hope this gets sorted out for your and Pippins sake.Sorry Im not much help but Im thinking of you both:love:

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Aww I dont know Tree.The only way to find out is to get the vets to check her teeth.It must be doing your head in trying to find an answer.I really hope this gets sorted out for your and Pippins sake.Sorry Im not much help but Im thinking of you both:love:

Thanks hun, I can't understand why she seems so ill and not have died and this has been going on for days, why is she not improving :cry:

Jack's-Jane
27-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Without knowing the actual details of the blood biochemistry I cant really comment. But AFAIK if she has Dental problems which are significant that can impact on blood biochemistry findings.........:?

Amy & Amber
27-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I have no advice. Sorry Tree.

But I am sending millions of vibes her way :)

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:16 PM
OMFG Jane really?????? I think it's her teeth you know, as strange as that sounds I really think it is. They have charged me 600 for the three nights she was in and the tests and although she is very quiet I think it could be because of dental pain, I have rang them and waiting for them to call me back, but they haven't it's like they've took my money and left me with a bunny that was as ill as when I started. What do I do, I have tried to look at her teeth and I can't tell.

Remember a few months ago I had a dental on her and she had a bruise but no spur, what if it's grown again and that is what the problem is :?

Becky86
27-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Poor Pippin :( Have no advice, just hope she picks up a little soon. lots of get well vibes for Pippin and hugs for you Tree xXx

Jack's-Jane
27-08-2008, 10:24 PM
If there are spurs on the outside of her molars then slight pressure on her cheeks might produce a reaction to indicate the problem.

600 ..................OMFG :shock:

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:28 PM
They have called me back I said what Jane said and I said about the dental before and he said yes I have a point and will get someone to call me back tomorrow arrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iF it's her ******* teeth I am going to go mad, my cheapy cheap vets would not of missed this, but they were the only vets open :censored::censored:

donnamt
27-08-2008, 10:29 PM
i know your peed off with your vets.. but i really really really hope your right and shes not got kidney probs

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:29 PM
If there are spurs on the outside of her molars then slight pressure on her cheeks might produce a reaction to indicate the problem.

600 ..................OMFG :shock:

I am fuming I have never been so angry, it was more than my mortgage and I have a bunny who is in pain and no better than she was before, I am fuming, they have just admitted it could be, it shouldn't take me to ring and suggest it.

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:30 PM
i know your peed off with your vets.. but i really really really hope your right and shes not got kidney probs

Thanks Donna, yes I gues you're right never thought of it like that :lol:, but it shouldn't of come to this. :(

Jack's-Jane
27-08-2008, 10:32 PM
:shock:

I can hardly believe what I am reading !!!

Well it'd be good for Pippin if it is her teeth but honestly if they overlooked that then they need shooting !! :censored:

donnamt
27-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks Donna, yes I gues you're right never thought of it like that :lol:, but it shouldn't of come to this. :(

deffo not.. they are supposed to be trained but if your right that means you dont need to start saying goodbyes yet and that could be really fantastic.... do vets do refunds for :censored: ups?

SOAD
27-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I will take legal action if it's the case, I do want some money back, it really should of been checked, she is acting like one of my dental buns she really is, even Ste the lodger said has somone checked her teeth, that's how dentally she seems. :?

bunny babe
27-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I really hope it is dental problems. I would be writing a VERY stern letter if that is the case.

600 :shock::shock:

donnamt
27-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I will take legal action if it's the case, I do want some money back, it really should of been checked, she is acting like one of my dental buns she really is, even Ste the lodger said has somone checked her teeth, that's how dentally she seems. :?

poor little sweetheart :cry::cry:

kim 106
27-08-2008, 10:56 PM
oh my i would have thought that they would have cheecked ter teeth before all the test 600 i hope you get at least half of that back if not more poor little girl

SOAD
28-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I paid 250 on Friday/Saturday after her first admission, but they treated her with bloat and she had a lot of painkillers, which would explain why she was agressive again, as she wasn't in pain, but she hasn't had any painkiller last few days, she wasn't aggressive again.

I paid 80 odd to admit her again on bank holiday monday (they actually knocked some of that off as a good will gesture as it was a re admission, it should of ben 150, then I picked her up yesterday, bill was nearly 270, so jut shy of 600

Ok she made the night, my internet went down so I couldn't update you, I went to tesco got weetabix etc, she is drinking from the on side of her mouth too. I have force fed her this morning in case she does need a GA, I am going to my own vets as soon as they are open (going to be late for work again)

I am so angry as Bryn called to tell me she was grinding her teeth, I had gone to my MOm's, got back and made the decission to put her to sleep, she didn't look well and was in pain. I gave her some metcam to keep her going to the vets, I flipped her over, dribble on her chin, her eye had been running and dried, I was just :shock::shock:,

Last week she would only eat weetbix, and spring green, sorry but all of it screams teeth pain.

If this is right, surely they have to give m my money back, I am not taking her back there, surely if it is gross negligence they'll try and cover it up?

The best part about it is, I was like this :shock: with the bill, the girl at the desk told me how they were the best vets blah blah blah, if I am right and it is teeth, I have a good mind to go in and smack her head off the desk :evil:

The worse part about it is, if I am right, the reason she has gone thin is because she is starving to death :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Surely a vets could not of let this happen?

SOAD
28-08-2008, 07:35 AM
We were all saying goood bye before I took her to be put to sleep, I can't believe that could of happened and there is a chance there is nothing wrong :cry::cry::cry: it was only while we were saying goodbye that the alarm bells started to ring, say I hadn;t thought she would of been dead now, I was going to put her out of her misery I can't believe what has happened to me.

SOAD
28-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Sorry about bad spelling I am shaking I am that angry

Steph
28-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Sending hugs and calming vibes to you Tree. To me it does sound dentally. I do so hope it is :) No wonder the vets have a name like a solicitors practice charging that amount :shock:

Jack's-Jane
28-08-2008, 07:45 AM
God Tree I am seething too !!

I cannot see how they can possibly justify such an extortionate bill even if they have diagnosed her correctly.
But if they have made a huge :censored:- up then I think you need to contact the RCVS. Not only is negligence a possible issue but the RCVS consider 'unreasonable fees' to be 'malpractice'.

I wont be at all surprised if Pippin has an abscess in her mouth. That would give abnormal blood biochemistry............

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh mate.................:censored: :censored:

donnamt
28-08-2008, 07:53 AM
are you taking her to your other vets for a second opinion?

KarenM
28-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Omg, that sounds like awful care from the vets. Teeth problems would be one of the first things a vet should consider with a sick bun, surely, being so common?

Poor Pippin has probably had loads of tests that weren't necessary (at a huge cost to you) and she's also been denied the right treatment because of the vet's error. I'm hoping in a way that you're right, because the dental problem has a much better prognosis for Pippin but am fuming on your behalf if it does turn out to be her teeth.

Fairy13
28-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Sending lots of vibes for Pippin, I hope for her that it is dental related and treatable so she can spend alot more tme with you yet.
As far as that leaves you with that 600 bill though :shock: Gah!!!
Vibes and nose rubs to Pippin and calming and good luck vibes all round. I hope you get it sorted to ou satisfaction. x x x

Tinsel
28-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Loads of vibes for you and Pippin in this nightmare situation...

Wilbur
28-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Hope everything goes ok this morning. X

chloaster
28-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I too am seething on your behalf! I hope and pray it is her teeth and she gets better soon. As for the consequences if it is ...... well - good luck!! I can't believe they didn't check her teeth first!! :shock:

sweetcheeksemma
28-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I hope everything goes well this morning :)
Sending lots of vibes!

JoJoWoz
28-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Sending vibes to you and Pippin this morning. xx

Carol and Gregory
28-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Loads of vibes for you and Pippin this morning!

XMissySJx
28-08-2008, 09:54 AM
just read the entire thread and i cant believe this!

poor pippin, and poor you.

i really hope you get this sorted its insane!

vibes for pippin x

SOAD
28-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone, I was wrong :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I even shouted at st georges this morning, I am so embarressed :cry:. Just got to work, I went to my vets and he said he really wishes he could tell me thay they were bad, but they're all perfect. He thinks the runny eye is because she is so run down, he said she is a really, really poorly bunny and the kindest thing would be to put her to sleep :cry::cry::cry: she's had some painkillers (not metacam), but he said they would only last six hours. Her belly is empty he said she really is an unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:. He's reqested all the blood test results from St Georges and I have just rang and they have them, he said the samples could be interpret many diffent ways, he's going to read them and call me later, he said for me not to get my hopes up.

I think I am going to have put to sleep tonight, I am being cruel keeping her going, she is a very unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Steph
28-08-2008, 10:31 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: So very sorry Tree. I do so hope a miracle can happen. Thinking of you and love to Pippin xxxx

raine
28-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Tree, I am so sorryx

Carol and Gregory
Oh hugs to you you poor thing. Don't worry about shouting at St George's - you are very upset and it's understandable. You clearly love your bunnies and you will do the best by Pippin I'm sure.

kim 106
oh tree i was hopping it was her teeth poor baby thinking of you and pipin

Estelle
28-08-2008, 10:33 AM
sending you a big hug x

Jack's-Jane
28-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks everyone, I was wrong :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I even shouted at st georges this morning, I am so embarressed :cry:. Just got to work, I went to my vets and he said he really wishes he could tell me thay they were bad, but they're all perfect. He thinks the runny eye is because she is so run down, he said she is a really, really poorly bunny and the kindest thing would be to put her to sleep :cry::cry::cry: she's had some painkillers (not metacam), but he said they would only last six hours. Her belly is empty he said she really is an unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:. He's reqested all the blood test results from St Georges and I have just rang and they have them, he said the samples could be interpret many diffent ways, he's going to read them and call me later, he said for me not to get my hopes up.

I think I am going to have put to sleep tonight, I am being cruel keeping her going, she is a very unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Awww Tree :cry:

She has obviously had an opiate pain relief now so she will be comfortable and relaxed. Wait and see what the Vet says when he's gone over her blood results.
You are not being cruel, you are trying to do everything possible for Pippin

Sending hugs to you, it must be awful having to be at work.......:cry:

SOAD
28-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I got into trouble for being late again (was late yesterday for dropping Holly off), but I started crying and told them what has happened, I keep my bunnies drama's to myself so people don't think I am mad. I just hope they can find something that can be cured :cry:

kayj
28-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Awwww Tree I am so sorry, I hope your vet finds something in the blood tests that the other vets have missed and can be cured. You have done everything you can for her, I have got everything crossed for you.

SOAD
28-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Thank you :cry::cry:

SarahP
28-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm so sorry. Thinking of you. xxx

bluebunny
28-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I got into trouble for being late again (was late yesterday for dropping Holly off), but I started crying and told them what has happened, I keep my bunnies drama's to myself so people don't think I am mad. I just hope they can find something that can be cured :cry:

Ive not even been into work since tue because of Claude,everytime any one asks about him i start crying
Im really sorry it wasnt better news x

sweetcheeksemma
28-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I am so sorry :cry:
Its the right thing to do :(
Sending you lots of hugs and thinking of you!

x

KarenM
28-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm so sorry, I was really hoping it would be teeth problems. You're not cruel - you are doing everything you can for Pippin and you just wanted to explore the possibility that the other vet had got it wrong. I'm sorry it wasn't better news. :cry::cry:

Hugo's There
28-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Only just seen this, I am so sorry you are going through so much stress with Pippin it is so hard and frustrating when you are trying to make the right decision for your bunny and you don't feel you have all the facts. It's something I went through more than once a couple of weeks ago.

We had the opposite problem with Hamish we knew he had dental problems but I felt there was more going on. His face was wet all the time which could have been put down to saliva from his teeth but I was convinced he was dribbling water as he was drinking too much. When he didn't improve after a dental they did further tests and found out his kidneys were failing too, so we let him go. But that meant he was suffering for days without us knowing exactly what was wrong :cry:

I will be thinking of you and Pippin today xxx

Maizey
28-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Im so sorry Tree,you have done everything humanly possible to help Pippin.Fingers crossed your vet can find something in the bloods to help her.

honeybunny
28-08-2008, 11:34 AM
~So sorry it wasn't good news..you have done all you can.
Thinking of you xx

Deelove
28-08-2008, 11:38 AM
So sorry it wasn't good news. :(

Lucy
28-08-2008, 11:45 AM
This is a nightmare for you, I hope the vets come to some definite conclusion soon so you don't have to be kept hanging any longer.

parsnipbun
28-08-2008, 12:43 PM
So sorry . . . if only they could talk. . . finding why they are ill is always so frustrating and difficult.

Fairy13
28-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh Tree :cry: I'm so sorry :cry: Thinking of you x x x

ecudc
28-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm so sorry tree, it must be horrible to get your hopes up like that and then probably have them dashed. I hope they manage to help her pull through but if not my thoughts are with you.

donnamt
28-08-2008, 01:31 PM
awwww im so sorry hun :cry::cry::cry::cry:

SOAD
28-08-2008, 02:48 PM
The vet has called her results are really bad, he said there is no way she is going to get better from it. St Georges sent them through with just renal failure so he rang for the actual readings and he said they are terrible and there is no way she will get better from it and the fair thing to do is let her go. I have booked her in for 6.45 to be put to sleep :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pippin with Thumper http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/P1000078-1.jpg

Pippin with Buster http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/S4020195.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/Pic538.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/Pic327.jpg

Poor Pippin :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Carol and Gregory
28-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh I'm so sorry for you. You did absolutely everything possible though, and she will go to the Bridge surrounded by love.

KarenM
28-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm really sorry. :cry::cry: Pippin couldn't have asked for a better mummy, and this is your final act of love for her. Sending you lots of strength for tonight. xx

Nic Nou 26
28-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Im so sorry, sending you hugs. xxxxx

Leanne
28-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh Tree im so sorry :(

You and the vets have done all they could for this little lady :(

Heaps of hugs for you and I wish Pippin a peaceful passing tonight x

Bunny Buddy
28-08-2008, 02:53 PM
:cry::cry: So, so sorry to hear this news. At least you know you have pursued everything possible for her.

Sending peaceful vibes for Pippin and yourself.

SarahP
28-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry - been wondering all afternoon about Pippin. x

wendle
28-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Aww bless am so sorry to hear your sad news God Bless ya brave lady Hugs to Soad you did all you could she had a good happy life :(

Vanessa.B
28-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I am so sorry Tree.

I am thinking of you and am wishing Pippin a peaceful passing xxx

AprilLynne
28-08-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pippin. It is so difficult to have to put our loved animals to sleep, but you've done everything possible for her.

Fran
28-08-2008, 03:15 PM
So sorry Tree, you did all you could for her :cry: Thinking of you xx

Jack's-Jane
28-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I will light a candle for Pippin at 6.45pm tonight.
May her passing be peaceful.
I am so sorry Tree

:cry: :cry:

Hugo's There
28-08-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm so sorry Tree, I will be thinking of you both this evening. I hope Pippin's passing is a peaceful one and that she finds Buster at the bridge. It was nice to see some more pics of Buster, but a shame it is under such sad circumstances :(

Kermit
28-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Im so sorry.....sad when the wee buns pass....i really shouldnt read this stuff in work, im a mess with emotion!

Estelle
28-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm so sorry Tree, what a sad time :cry:

halfpenny
28-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear this, but it is the right thing to do if her results are so poor. As I said previously, I lost Chokki, one of our cat's to renal failure. The vet said the kidneys are usually badly deteriorated before the animal starts to show symptoms, so by the time you notice a problem there is little you can do. We put Chokki on a drip for 48 hrs after her first 'crash' but only a week later she stopped eating again and we decided not to put her through any more.
I know how much you must be hurting, but after a lifetime of love and care , you doing the last loving thing you can by letting her go with respect and dignity.

Fairy13
28-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm so sorry Tree. I will light a candle too tonight. You have done absolutely everything possible. Peaceful vibes to you both x x x

sweetcheeksemma
28-08-2008, 03:45 PM
So sorry :cry:
Stay stong for Pippin!
You did your best :(
Good luck for tonight!

X

KateB
28-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Vibes to you and Pippin - so sorry to read this :-(

biscuitblossom
28-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm so sorry.....you did your best for her and I'm sure shes grateful for that.x

SOAD
28-08-2008, 03:53 PM

It's too much it really is, deciding to end a life is such a hard thing to do :cry::cry::cry: Bryn has just got home and her and Thumper are lying together looking at each other. This is just so sad, why can't there be another way :cry::cry::cry:

XMissySJx
28-08-2008, 04:02 PM

It's too much it really is, deciding to end a life is such a hard thing to do :cry::cry::cry: Bryn has just got home and her and Thumper are lying together looking at each other. This is just so sad, why can't there be another way :cry::cry::cry:

its so sad :( its not fair. im so sorry tree,i really am.

Lucy
28-08-2008, 04:08 PM
So sorry to hear that but you know you gave her the best years of her life xx

Towsbuns
28-08-2008, 04:17 PM
So sorry Tree - you know you did what you could.

Maizey
28-08-2008, 04:33 PM
This is so terribly sad.I feel we have all got attached to Pippin through the posts on her Illness.I am so so sorry Tree as I said before you have done everything In your power to help this beautiful bunny.Ill be thinking of you tonight when you help her to the bridge.I am sat here crying because I really feel for you at this sad time.

JoJoWoz
28-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh Tree, I am so so sorry.
I am in tears reading this thread I will be thinking of you and Pippin this evening and praying for a peaceful passing for Pippin and a calm evening for you, be strong.
Big Hugs :love:

Angie65
28-08-2008, 04:41 PM
So sorry:cry:

BB Mommy
28-08-2008, 04:41 PM
So sorry:cry::cry:
Lots of vibes for a peaceful passing for Pippin:cry::cry:

Becky86
28-08-2008, 04:49 PM
How sad :( So sorry Tree xXx Sending hugs for you and Pippin xXx

parsnipbun
28-08-2008, 04:53 PM
so so sorry

kim 106
28-08-2008, 05:02 PM
sorry to here this tree

be thinking of you and pipin tonight

Becky's Bunnies
28-08-2008, 05:03 PM
really sorry about your baby. Thinking of you both at this sad time.
x

bluebunny
28-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Really sorry x

SOAD
28-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you, I am back at home now :cry: the guy who comes and helps clean the bunsters when I'm at work has come to say a special goodbye to her, I am givng them some private time :cry::cry:

bluebunny
28-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you, I am back at home now :cry: the guy who comes and helps clean the bunsters when I'm at work has come to say a special goodbye to her, I am givng them some private time :cry::cry:

Awwww Im not sure if i should say goodbye to Claude:cry:. or let them do it at the vets before i go to collect Miffy:cry: I did kiss him goodbye this morning just incase:(

SOAD
28-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I can never stay right at the end, Bryn has to do it for me :cry: when I had Ozzy put to sleep I started crying and panicing, obviously don't want to stress Pippin out by doing that :cry::cry:

bluebunny
28-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I can never stay right at the end, Bryn has to do it for me :cry: when I had Ozzy put to sleep I started crying and panicing, obviously don't want to stress Pippin out by doing that :cry::cry:

I will be the same:cry: thats why im not sure about going?

bunbuns
28-08-2008, 05:30 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so very sorry xxx

Amy & Amber
28-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Tree, Im so sorry.

I hope Pippin's passing is a peaceful one. You did all you could for her. hugs xxx

kayj
28-08-2008, 05:32 PM
I am so sorry :cry::cry:

drpengie
28-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Aww Tree, have only just seen this. I am so sorry about Pippin. It's for the best for the little mite, as hard as it is to have to do. Big hugs, and hope she has a peaceful passing to rainbow bridge x

donnamt
28-08-2008, 06:17 PM
im so so so sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

sdf76
28-08-2008, 06:30 PM
So sorry to hear about Pippin.:cry: At least you know for sure now, having seen your usual vet, that you are doing the right thing and hopefully it will be ofsome comfort to you to know you are saving her from further pain.-Suex

sally1974
28-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Im so sorry:cry::cry::cry:
Sallyx

Maizey
28-08-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm so sorry Tree.I lit a candle for Pippin.Lets hope she can be happy and pain free in bunny heaven.Pippin was so lucky to have a mummy who loved and cared so much.You are so special and caring.I hope you have some one to wrap their arms around you when you get home hun.My heart is breaking for you.

Jayne
28-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm so very sorry :cry: thoughts are with you.xx

foxyfaerie
28-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm so sorry :cry: Thinking of you
x

Jack-Bun
28-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I am so sorry!:cry:

I hope she went peacefully, and I am sure she appreciated everything you did for her x
Jack:cry:

bunny babe
28-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.

SOAD
28-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Thank you so much, Bryn and I were really crying it was really sad, Pippin isn't in pain anymore, she was only 4 she should of had years to go :cry::cry: there vet promised tat there was no other way and she would suffer and she had started to, she had start grinding her teeth again. It was very, very sad :cry::cry: we had a farewell to her before her time and the guy who helps with the bunnies came over and we had a couple of hours fuss with her. We took some pictures of her at the end, I really miss her :cry::cry::cry::cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/P1000189.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/P1000193.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/P1000194.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/P1000197.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/P1000198.jpg

Jack-Bun
28-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Those pictures have made me get tears in my eyes and a big old lump in my thorat:cry::cry:

wendle
28-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Those pics have me cry god nos what you must be feelin hun my heart goes out to you x R.I.P Pippin sweetheart :love:

norrielian
I am so so sorry Tree, just caught up with this all. So sad :cry:

Big hugs heading your way sweetie
Lian x

Hugo's There
I'm so sorry Tree. You did everything you possibly could for her. At least she is pain free now :(:(

Binky free Pippin xxxx

Jack's-Jane
28-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Tree you did everything possible for Pippin.
When it became obvious she could never get better you did what a truely compassionate Rabbit carer does.......you let her go.

If only there were more people who cared about Buns the way you do.
I am so very sorry you have lost your feisty little friend. Infact, I think Pippin's character was much like yours. All guns blazing on the outside, but with a heart of gold.

:)

CazScho
28-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx those pics brought a tear to my eye too

capel
28-08-2008, 08:29 PM
So sorry. My heart goes out to you. You tried so hard for her.

Maizey
28-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Tree you did everything possible for Pippin.
When it became obvious she could never get better you did what a truely compassionate Rabbit carer does.......you let her go.

If only there were more people who cared about Buns the way you do.
I am so very sorry you have lost your feisty little friend. Infact, I think Pippin's character was much like yours. All guns blazing on the outside, but with a heart of gold.

:)

That sums up my feelings to.Im so so sorry:cry::cry::cry:

raine
28-08-2008, 08:35 PM
You did everything you could for her Tree. Its so sad. She was a gorgeous looking bunny. I know you will be devastated. Thinking of you allxx

The Duchess
28-08-2008, 08:37 PM
So sorry Tree.

Binky free Pippin.

Wilbur
28-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I am so sorry.:(

joeyred
28-08-2008, 08:44 PM
So sorry :(

binky free pippin

animal ry
28-08-2008, 08:49 PM
R.I.P bun bun free from pain :cry:

honeybunny
28-08-2008, 08:49 PM
So sorry Tree:cry: xxx

charlie82
28-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm so so sorry. xx:cry:

Steph
28-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Im so very sorry :cry: Pippin knew how much you all loved her and she had a great life with you all. Sending hugs. Binky Free Pippin Bunny xxx

Letichia
28-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry:cry::cry::cry:
Binky free Pippin. xxx

HS
28-08-2008, 09:11 PM
So sorry Tree.
Binky free Pippin.

Becca
28-08-2008, 09:12 PM
:cry:So sorry for your loss.
Binky free Pippin.

Hunnybunny2007
28-08-2008, 09:14 PM
So sorry for your loss:cry::cry:

Vanessa.B
28-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I am so sorry, Tree

Sleep tight Pippin xxx

Becki xX
28-08-2008, 09:39 PM
So very Sorry :cry::cry: X

maxbun
28-08-2008, 09:59 PM
So sorry to hear this. :( You did everything you could have done.
Jane

**lexi**
28-08-2008, 10:52 PM
:cry: so sorry :cry:
Binky free little one

bunnymadhouse
28-08-2008, 10:54 PM
so very sorry :( :(

Jayney
28-08-2008, 10:56 PM
so sorry:cry:

billysmom
28-08-2008, 10:58 PM
:shock::cry: Im so sorry Tree, only just logged onto RU and saw this:cry: it is truly heartbreaking, those pictures of Pippin are lovely, you tried so hard for her Tree, but sadly it wasnt to be..Binky Free Sweetheart.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sending you both hugs.xxxxx

cookie and the girls
28-08-2008, 11:00 PM
:(:(So very sorry to hear your sad news. Sending a big hug.

Leanne
28-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Binky free Pippin :(

((((Hugs))))

Happy Hopping
29-08-2008, 06:29 AM
This is so sad, you done what you have to do, there is clearly no other alternative. So sorry for your loss.

Maizey
29-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Hello Tree how are you felling this morning?

Madmoo
29-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Tree
Just wanted to send a hug to you and wish Pippin a binky rich time at Rainbow Bridge. x

SOAD
29-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Thank you, I am feeling very sad and had a bit of a cry this morning, slept better than I have all week though, I think because it's over and I am no longer worrying about her :cry:, just feel a bit empty. Thumper looks lost, bless him :(

The vet said tried to talk me through her results and they did look bad, so I know I did the right thing really, it doesn't make it any easier though. He said the one of the three (three were really high), was so high it would of been causing stomach and mouth ulcers, he said that's why I would of thought she was having dental problems, but there were all ulcers in her mouth. He said her body just wasn't getting rid of any toxins and they were just storing up in her. He said had they of been working 50% she would of been ok, but he said they were 99% damaged and she was just clinging on :cry::cry:

Inimical Me
29-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm really sorry Tree :cry:. I know it's heartbreaking every time. :cry:

abbymarysmokey
29-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Really sorry to hear about Pippin...binky free little bun xx :cry:

bunlover
29-08-2008, 10:05 AM
aww im soo sooo sorry to hear this.... but i do think you made the best and correct decision for her she is no longer suffering and you certaintly did all you could for her hugz your way xxx

karen1980
29-08-2008, 10:06 AM
My thoughts are with you Tree... you did your best for Pippin.

XXX

Hugo's There
29-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you, I am feeling very sad and had a bit of a cry this morning, slept better than I have all week though, I think because it's over and I am no longer worrying about her :cry:, just feel a bit empty. Thumper looks lost, bless him :(

The vet said tried to talk me through her results and they did look bad, so I know I did the right thing really, it doesn't make it any easier though. He said the one of the three (three were really high), was so high it would of been causing stomach and mouth ulcers, he said that's why I would of thought she was having dental problems, but there were all ulcers in her mouth. He said her body just wasn't getting rid of any toxins and they were just storing up in her. He said had they of been working 50% she would of been ok, but he said they were 99% damaged and she was just clinging on :cry::cry:

OMG Hamish's mouth was full of ulcers. The vet never mentioned it being related to kidney failure, we thought it was because he had so many dental problems. If I'd of known I would have got his blood tested a lot quicker :shock: Thanks for letting us know about Pippin's results, it will help bunnies get the correct treatment in the future

SOAD
29-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys :love:

Yeah Liz, there was three differnt things that were really high, I can't remember which they were, I can ring up and ask and get the actual results and numbers. He did say the ulcers would of been because of the kidney failure and he said it was because the one which was high was causing them.

billysmom
29-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Sendng you loads of hugs Tree, you,ve had a lot to deal with over the last 3/4 weeks.Thinking of you.Debx

oscarbunny
29-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Im so sorry Tree :cry: Binky free Pippin xx

SOAD
29-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Thank you so much.

Steph
29-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Sending love and hugs to you hun. Been thinking of you all day xxx