• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post 59 Pippin is being put to sleep at 6.45 tonight, she's gone 8-(

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Could Pippin be in renal failure, just in it from a long time and it not of bothered her, but because I had the blood tests it showed it up?

BUT in actual fact that is not wrong with her, could she have teeth problems that have put her off her food and causing the bloating?

I am waiting for the vet to call be back, she looks like she has dribble on her chin and one of her eyes are crusty, could it be she's got a bad sodding tooth and they have just not checked and the renal failure would not of show had I not had the blood tests?

Last edited:
Well actually I did almost post that suggestion. I have had a couple of rabbits that (in the early days of EC) spent at least a year of their lives gradually being technically 'in renal failure' - and you know they looked pretty chirpy and happy most of the time!!! But of course because of that they went downhill very quickly if something else went wrong with them and we had to work hard to nurse them round..
One had such appaling counts one time in their blood the vet almost refused to believe she was still alive - but she had another 9 months of happy life before passing away very suddenly.

Well actually I did almost post that suggestion. I have had a couple of rabbits that (in the early days of EC) spent at least a year of their lives gradually being technically 'in renal failure' - and you know they looked pretty chirpy and happy most of the time!!! But of course because of that they went downhill very quickly if something else went wrong with them and we had to work hard to nurse them round..
One had such appaling counts one time in their blood the vet almost refused to believe she was still alive - but she had another 9 months of happy life before passing away very suddenly.

Thanks for that, I swear to :censored: god if this is the case I am going to cause so much trouble for the vets in question. This is the first time I have notice any eye or dribble, I know the dribble could of been from force feeding but where as the eye come from.

Aww I dont know Tree.The only way to find out is to get the vets to check her teeth.It must be doing your head in trying to find an answer.I really hope this gets sorted out for your and Pippins sake.Sorry Im not much help but Im thinking of you both:love:

Aww I dont know Tree.The only way to find out is to get the vets to check her teeth.It must be doing your head in trying to find an answer.I really hope this gets sorted out for your and Pippins sake.Sorry Im not much help but Im thinking of you both:love:

Thanks hun, I can't understand why she seems so ill and not have died and this has been going on for days, why is she not improving :cry:

Without knowing the actual details of the blood biochemistry I cant really comment. But AFAIK if she has Dental problems which are significant that can impact on blood biochemistry findings.........:?

OMFG Jane really?????? I think it's her teeth you know, as strange as that sounds I really think it is. They have charged me £600 for the three nights she was in and the tests and although she is very quiet I think it could be because of dental pain, I have rang them and waiting for them to call me back, but they haven't it's like they've took my money and left me with a bunny that was as ill as when I started. What do I do, I have tried to look at her teeth and I can't tell.

Remember a few months ago I had a dental on her and she had a bruise but no spur, what if it's grown again and that is what the problem is :?

Poor Pippin :( Have no advice, just hope she picks up a little soon. lots of get well vibes for Pippin and hugs for you Tree xXx

If there are spurs on the outside of her molars then slight pressure on her cheeks might produce a reaction to indicate the problem.

£600 ..................OMFG :shock:

They have called me back I said what Jane said and I said about the dental before and he said yes I have a point and will get someone to call me back tomorrow arrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iF it's her ******* teeth I am going to go mad, my cheapy cheap vets would not of missed this, but they were the only vets open :censored::censored:

i know your peed off with your vets.. but i really really really hope your right and shes not got kidney probs

If there are spurs on the outside of her molars then slight pressure on her cheeks might produce a reaction to indicate the problem.

£600 ..................OMFG :shock:

I am fuming I have never been so angry, it was more than my mortgage and I have a bunny who is in pain and no better than she was before, I am fuming, they have just admitted it could be, it shouldn't take me to ring and suggest it.

i know your peed off with your vets.. but i really really really hope your right and shes not got kidney probs

Thanks Donna, yes I gues you're right never thought of it like that :lol:, but it shouldn't of come to this. :(

:shock:

I can hardly believe what I am reading !!!

Well it'd be good for Pippin if it is her teeth but honestly if they overlooked that then they need shooting !! :censored:

Thanks Donna, yes I gues you're right never thought of it like that :lol:, but it shouldn't of come to this. :(

deffo not.. they are supposed to be trained but if your right that means you dont need to start saying goodbyes yet and that could be really fantastic.... do vets do refunds for :censored: ups?

I will take legal action if it's the case, I do want some money back, it really should of been checked, she is acting like one of my dental buns she really is, even Ste the lodger said has somone checked her teeth, that's how dentally she seems. :?

I really hope it is dental problems. I would be writing a VERY stern letter if that is the case.

£600 :shock::shock:

I will take legal action if it's the case, I do want some money back, it really should of been checked, she is acting like one of my dental buns she really is, even Ste the lodger said has somone checked her teeth, that's how dentally she seems. :?

poor little sweetheart :cry::cry:

oh my i would have thought that they would have cheecked ter teeth before all the test 600 i hope you get at least half of that back if not more poor little girl

Back