• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smelly Wee - How do I control it

silverfox

Warren Scout
I have a new indoor rabbit and his wee has been smelling vey fishy. Does anyone know what could be causing this. It can really stink sometimes. He is only a baby 9 weeks old and he manged to pinch a dog biscuit (or one of my kids gave it to him), I wondering if that was causing the fishy smell. My other rabbits are all outside and we do not want to relegate him to an outside hutch yet.

how often do you clean out the litter tray & what litter do you use? Some litters are smellier than others. At nine weeks I don't think hormones would be kicking in.

I have not heard of it before, where would I get it from. Petshop near me does'nt sell things like that. Would I be able to get if from P@H.

You can order megazorb on line, from here, which I think is one of the cheaper places to get it from. Paper based cat litters are also good, so yesterday's news or biocatolet would be more absorbant then shavings.

Thats a great price! I buy it a bit cheaper at local farm but not bad P&P. :D Megazorb is a great litter!

I use a small animal wood based litter you can get from Pets at home. Can't tell you how good it is yet as we have only just started using it, but hopefully it will work out better than sawdust which does tend to get smelly.

Back