• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vast difference in female speying costs!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Been pricing up prices today for Lola to be speyed in a months time.

Our first price was £81.90, the second was £62.11 and the third £52!

The third price was with a well known vet group as well and includes pre op check and post op after care!

It's definitely worth asking questions to find out what is included, such as do they give peri-operative pain relief, are all drugs included, and will they charge extra if she needs to stay in for the night following the op?

Where abouts in Leeds are you Cat? I use Yorkshire Vets, the Thornbury branch, and they hav ebeen excellent in every single thing they've done and have a few vets who are very rabbit savvy.

Our vet has quoted us £85.00 for Millie to be speyed - this includes pre and post op check ups.

We had Max neutered there and this cost £75.00 however the care he was given both pre and post op has been excellent.

:wave: cost me £86 for Cookie (boy). I asked how much for a female bun - £100 to £140. Think I will make totally sure Cookie's rescue girlfriend has been done.

Where abouts in Leeds are you Cat? I use Yorkshire Vets, the Thornbury branch, and they hav ebeen excellent in every single thing they've done and have a few vets who are very rabbit savvy.

I am in Leeds 10, near White Rose, as I dont drive it has to be somewhere local as no way would I stress Lola out by taking her in a cat basket somewhere - have to rely on my Daddy. :oops:

Vets for Pets are the ones we have chosen.

totally irrelevant but I have just paid £377 for my daughters 2 cats to be spayed in Spain:shock::shock:

I payed £30 for my buck Flopsy to be neutered but does cost £35 so my vets are really cheap but I live in Birmingham.

Back