• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - he's eating the wire

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
My bun Smudge is free range during the days that I am at home - (I work in a school so have lots of holiday) He's taken to climbing in behind the wheely bin and I didn't know why till today - I moved it to get him out and noticed the aerial cable has almost been chewed through!!! What can I do? I can't move it - it's an old Victorian house and has been cemented in. I dont want to find an electrocuted bun but at the moment the only option I have is to pen him in and I like him having hte run of the garden! :cry:

Yes block it off with something.If Its any consolation my buns have eaten through every wire,Telly ,hoover,power tools,extension Leeds etc,that they have come across and I have never had an electrocuted bun.I guess their teeth don't conduct electricity

Gregory chewed through the wires of my GHDs! I got some plastic tubing from ASDA - the sort that you use to gather a few cables together. He chews them a bit but can't get through to the wires themselves.

I have wrapped all my electrical cords in plastic tubing. Now my cocoa doesn't even bother them anymore. I guess plastic doesn't taste good:lol:

Thanks for that - I'll try that. Can't believe how clever they are! He looks at it as if working out what to do next. :lol:

When Lottie was indoors she seemed attracted to all the cables. Hubby bought a nintendo Wii and she decided she liked the cable on that the day after he had it :oops: I was in Big trouble!! :shock: Anyway... i took to wrapping the main cables which she could get to in bubble wrap :) She never seemed to bother with it. Hope this helps

As long as it is a normal TV aeriel cable (eg not sky, cable etc) then there is no risk of electrocution as these things don't carry any power. Won't help your TV reception however :lol:

Back