• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys/Tunnels

Nic Nou 26

Warren Scout
Hello all,

I have tried to give my bunnies different things to keep them entertained but need some advice.

Until this morning, they had:- Oondles of toilet rolls, a bunny tunnel, an old cat box (the front grill thing has broken off) but they keep destroying everything..... especially Dora - She is now known as princess thug!!!!

Both of them go in and out of the cat box and they are both continually going through the tunnel. They also throw the toilet rolls around but today I went to feed them and they have chewed the end of the tunnel and pulled the metal out so its now dangerous so have had to remove it for their safety.

Sometimes when they are trotting about in their run, Dora espcially pushes the cat box out of her way.

To cut a long story short, are they ok with these things being in their run?? Only im going to buy their food tonight and will pick up a new tunnel if they have any but dont want to waste the money if my buns are telling me they dont want it??

Also any other suggestions for toys??

Many thanks in advance xx

:lol: hun thats what bunnys do chew and destroy everything ya buy n give em keeps them occupied :lol: when mine chewed the toys etc up i go get another 1 for them :lol:

I also tried having one of those tunnels in their run but they destroyed it. I wouldn't put another one in there as they will destroy it and make it dangerous again. When they destroy something I think it actually means that they love it, so I now have a tunnel outside of their run for when I let them out. Inside their run I have a couple of those "chube" things which are harder for them to destroy but also quite fun I think and should be totally safe. I also have some of those wooden logs with holes bored into them.

Phew..... thats fine, I will get them all they want! I just wanted to make sure they weren't telling me they didnt want the stuff! She is such a little thug honestly! Even the vet calls her the stroppy madam!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Have you got any hardware places near you? Sewage pipes etc work good as tunnels and there's no danger of wires being exposed. :)

I think it creates more stimulation for them having things in their run, ours have an old upturned plastic dog bed at the moment.

Those green bendy tunnels are good from P@H they are made from hard plastic and ya can add on to them mine love running thru it chasing each other :)

My 3 completely demolished their P@H carrot farm (as my brother calls it)... there was nothing left! Chucked it away today.

They've started chewing their hutch even though they have little chew toys.

I bought them a wooden log today (it's too small for them to crawl through) so they can chew that now.

Back