• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you greet your rabbit/s?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
When ever i go out and see Pebble i always say 'Heya Hunny' to let her know im comeing, because of where the hutch is she cant see me comeing and freaks out if i just appear! :lol:

What do you say to your buns? xox

Hello Boys!! You OK Today?

Then when they come running over to me I usually give them both a big cuddle:oops:

How refreshing to know everyone talks to their buns! I think my neighbours must think im mad!:oops:

Hey bun, bun, buns! - if they are both in sight

Hey Rog bun or Gorgeous boy and Hey Dora bun or Gorgeous girl! - not very original! :lol: :lol:

Shadow: "Hey Shaddybum!"
Storm: "Ello Stormbucket!"
Moonshine: "Heylo Mooniepoo!"
Scraggles: "Hey Scraggybum!"

I open the patio door and go :oops:"bunnybunnybunnybunny" :oops: in a high pitched voice :oops: so that they know I'm coming and it's me.

I won't go into the silly names they get called!!

I open the patio door and go :oops:"bunnybunnybunnybunny" :oops: in a high pitched voice :oops: so that they know I'm coming and it's me.

I won't go into the silly names they get called!!

:lol: When i say 'heya hunny' to pebble i say it in a high pitched voice aswell. :lol: The neighbours think im M.A.D.

xox

I talk to her all day long like some sort of demented loony - in fact, it's normally a song rather than a greeting. My favourite is 'Hey Dust Bun, Dust Bunny furiano', to the tune of 'Hey Mambo'. Can't believe I just admitted to that! :oops::lol:

When I'm going out to the shed I normally call out 'bunniieeesss' and then who evers name hasn't come out.

With Molly and Faline it's more along the lines of...
'agh! Faline!! :evil: :censored: Hiya Molly. How's it going.'
She always darts past me and trips me up.

Well, Pipin normally hears me thundering up the stairs, so an intro isn't really needed. :oops: But I usually say "what have you been upto you little cowbag?".. :lol:

With all my pets, rabbits, rats, mice etc.. I say "morning mummys little babies" In a stupid high pitched voice.

Im alsways talking to them. Just took some chicken bones for rats and shouted "KFC come get it" and 21 rats are lined up at cage front :lol:

Will be teaching rabbits that with "carrots, come get it" :lol:

Best thing is they know what you say. I mean i talk to oliver and he listens,. If he is in a corner he isnt allowed i say "Oliver out and come here" and he does.

Hi Mai

I usually say 'Hello sweethearts' when I open up the shed or pass them in their run. Once Im in the shed sweeping, cleaning etc then it's a different story as Willow can be a right little :censored::censored: so she get a whole host of names then!!! (Most of which I wouldnt wanna post on here!) :lol:

Also think my neighbours must think Im barmy when they see me out there first thing in morning or last thing at night in my pjs and wellies talking to the buns but what the hell! ;)

Also think my neighbours must think Im barmy when they see me out there first thing in morning or last thing at night in my pjs and wellies talking to the buns but what the hell! ;)

Same here:lol:! I always wear my PJs to do the rabbits in the morning.

I usually click my tongue to all my pets to let them know I'm around. I always greet the bunnies with a very cheery "Morning babies!" and the hamsters are "the boys".

I really think people who don't talk to their pets are the strange ones!

Back