• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two pairs or 4 together?

clarem

Warren Scout
About a month ago we got a husbun for our rabbit Jasmin from a rescue. We bonded them in the shed (neutral territory) and after some problems when we moved them into our thistle hall cage (they became territorial about the top/bottom floor) and also after seeing the lovely pictures on this website we decided to convert the shed which is where they now live with a run attached. I still have my empty Thisle Hall and a fennel fold run and have decided I would like to get another pair. My dilemma is whether to get a bonded pair and use the empty accomodation I have or to try and bond another pair with the two I already have so they can all live in the shed together (6ft x 4ft with 7ft x 2ft run attached). I would welcome opinions on what the best option is and anything I might not have thought of.

I have a group of four, they were in two pairs and I bonded them as a group. I love buns in groups, and as long as you are set up with ample accommodation to keep them as pairs if the bonding is not successful then I'd give it a go!

I think that getting two babies would be great. They grow up together and it means you dont have the problem over the bonding. I did this with two of my babies and they are now inseparable.;)

Ok now I am totally confused! I wouldn't really want babies as wouldn't they need to be seperated before they got too old so they could be speyed/neutered and you would then need to re-bond. I was thinking of a rescue as they are likey to be ready speyed/neutered/vaccinated and possibly already a bonded pair. Bonding the two rabbits I have now was nerve racking enough I am not sure I'd know where to start bonding 4 together, maybe a rescue could help with that.

Back