PDA

View Full Version : Two pairs or 4 together?

clarem
27-08-2008, 01:59 PM
About a month ago we got a husbun for our rabbit Jasmin from a rescue. We bonded them in the shed (neutral territory) and after some problems when we moved them into our thistle hall cage (they became territorial about the top/bottom floor) and also after seeing the lovely pictures on this website we decided to convert the shed which is where they now live with a run attached. I still have my empty Thisle Hall and a fennel fold run and have decided I would like to get another pair. My dilemma is whether to get a bonded pair and use the empty accomodation I have or to try and bond another pair with the two I already have so they can all live in the shed together (6ft x 4ft with 7ft x 2ft run attached). I would welcome opinions on what the best option is and anything I might not have thought of.

monkeypuzzler
27-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I have a group of four, they were in two pairs and I bonded them as a group. I love buns in groups, and as long as you are set up with ample accommodation to keep them as pairs if the bonding is not successful then I'd give it a go!

Happy Hopping
27-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I recommend 2 pairs, so there is no fighting in btwn.

silverfox
27-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I think that getting two babies would be great. They grow up together and it means you dont have the problem over the bonding. I did this with two of my babies and they are now inseparable.;)

monkeypuzzler
27-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I recommend 2 pairs, so there is no fighting in btwn.

:? No more guarantee of zero fighting in a pair than in a group.

clarem
27-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Ok now I am totally confused! I wouldn't really want babies as wouldn't they need to be seperated before they got too old so they could be speyed/neutered and you would then need to re-bond. I was thinking of a rescue as they are likey to be ready speyed/neutered/vaccinated and possibly already a bonded pair. Bonding the two rabbits I have now was nerve racking enough I am not sure I'd know where to start bonding 4 together, maybe a rescue could help with that.

capel
27-08-2008, 11:47 PM
check out this thread and read from post 7 onwards:D:D
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143942