• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All you with more than one pair

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Could you answer me on this query I've had in my mind for a while? Charlie and Mocha often come out into the enclosed part of the garden for extra running space etc.. And was wondering do you people with more than one pair let them out together for free time in the garden? Would this cause fights? I know it probably would but as it is a much bigger area I wondered if it would cause arguments. Because when Peppa is settled with her hubby, they will be allowed the free time too in the garden. I am wondering whether to do it seperate or together?

Could you answer me on this query I've had in my mind for a while? Charlie and Mocha often come out into the enclosed part of the garden for extra running space etc.. And was wondering do you people with more than one pair let them out together for free time in the garden? Would this cause fights? I know it probably would but as it is a much bigger area I wondered if it would cause arguments. Because when Peppa is settled with her hubby, they will be allowed the free time too in the garden. I am wondering whether to do it seperate or together?

I wouldn't put them together & then separate. It could cause a fight if they see the area as their territry, & each time they meet will have to re-establish authority again, so it would be quite stressful.

I have a large bonded group - they have their time in the garden, then I put pairs out, but just one pair at a time:D

I've got two pairs and I only allow them to exercise in the garden separately. The girls would fight for sure - they get a bit tetchy when the other pair is 'out' and they come nose to nose with each other through the run mesh. Rabbits are very territorial and if both pairs have previously had unrestricted access to a particular area, they will think it's theirs and will try to see off any intruders. Personally, I wouldn't risk it but you know your own bunnies better than anyone else.

Buddy and Hollie start fighting if they so much as smell Sapphire and Jamie... all that happens with Sapphire and Jamie is a bit of humping. I wont let them near each other though now, because Buddy really goes for Hollie xx

Back