• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you see your buns?

How often do you see your buns?

• All day, everyday

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • 2-3 times a day

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • once a day

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • less than once a day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Inspired by a different thread.:oops::lol:

Just wondered what is classed as "acceptable".

My first house bun Smirnoff - I would quite happily feed him in a morning, go to work, stop at a friend's, go to work & then see him that evening. So 36 hours. Then I came on here. After reading all the things that can go wrong with them, how they can hide stuff, or something simple like their bottle falling off a hutch, I reduced that to 24 hours.

Now I see my buns 2-3 times a day. Before work, at tea-time, & at bedtime. I say 2-3 cos sometimes I go in the bun rooms at teatime & come out at bedtime:lol: If I have an ill bun I go home at lunchtime (unless seriously ill, then I take time off).

I have a very good petsitter now - she's a vet nurse & if all buns are in good health & I want to go out & will miss a "12-hour-slot", I call her & she calls in on her way to/from work

Usually 4-7 times. BUt I like to sit with them in the run, or someimes, lay:oops::lol:

They love to climb on hoomans don't they?
Jack x

I see mine at least twice a day. Morning and evening. Then whenever I go outside I check on them again, depending on the weather they come out to play in the garden and they often just bring themselves in. When I go outside if they don't run to the front of the run I go in and check on them closely. Peppa at the moment is inside and in the living room so I'm seeing her all my waking hours that I am indoors.

I see my buns 80% of the day.The only time I dont see them is when im walking the dogs,at the gym or shopping.I dont like leaving the house for to long as I constantly worry about what could happen.If I do have an occassional day out I usually want to come home at midday or I start to really worry and the minute I walk in the gate and see everything is Ok I can relax.I would say I spent about an hour a day checking them for ear or paw nasties,cleaning bedding and feeding and watering them

Im not in all day but I would say during the week I see them more than 4 times a day and at weekends once before work, then after work, then before dusk :)

Tika and Harvey live in a Lavander Lodge I see them every hour and I sit with them. They have 8 hours free range time but spend that digging to Australia! :D

hi

I see mine most of the day obv I go to work but mine run around house all day so if i'm in bed Winnie comes up for his cuddle. Then sit have brekkie together. Do chores etc then work have tea together (depending on shifts) have bit play in garden together. Normally me chasing them while they eat fence etc. Oh and if we are going out for the day I take them to there Nan nan's (my mums) to wreck havoc.
Its easier if they live inside. My last girl was o/doors and she saw us through window all day. If it was nice I'd sit in garden with her but she didn't get much attention come winter bless her. Thats kinda why I decide house buns were best.

I put 2 - 3 times but its more like 5 or 6.
I see them first thing, then again when im in at lunch, again after work then when i've had tea and stuff i see them all evening :)

I voted 2-3 times a day cos thats the amount i actually have interaction with them, but I see them whenever I pop into the garden. Molly and Faline is all day pretty much. I don't work every day so sometimes it's all day everyday. :lol:

Back