• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Brushing and brushes

Hopper

Mama Doe
Hi all. I have a soft brush at moment as Oliver doesnt get matted. But simba is also King of the maine matting :roll: lol.

So for a lion head who matts up fast and easy can you recommend a good brush grooming comb? Links would be great :D

I use a comb on my lionheads mane, it's made by options which i hate to say i got out of P@H, but it's really good getting those tatts out then she gets a good going over with the brush, just becareful when your combing, put pressure at the roots with you hand and brush the tatts, that way you don't hurt her. i remember all to well myself getting tatts pulled. :lol::love: for other grooming things try the pet extraordinarium site.

Last edited:
Thanks. I cant remember what brush or comb I used on my Angora rabbit from the past. Im sure its the one like in link you gave me. He just dont like under his chin area being done :roll:

I used one of those pad ones last night, mainley for dogs, but did it real gently.

Yeah ted doesn't like you touching her chin either but she sorts it out herself and it's not that long to get tangled under there. ;)

Simbas is, Im convinced he is actualy crossed with a lion :shock: What you think?

Simba02.jpg

He looks like a lionwith rabbit ears :shock::lol::lol:

LOL aw look he does look like a wee lion with the colour of him and all. no you can see from the photo of ted's it's always quite prim and i never touch it. if he doesn't mind you going near his chin work away, ted would bite the fingers off me. haha:lol:
53654.jpg

Last edited:
Under the chin

How do you groom under the chin????? My new very fluffy boy just won't let me get near:( I don't want it to be a trip to the vets every other week - quite concerned. I managed to clip some of it but can't do all without the risk of sliting his throat. Any advice would be really appreciated x

Back