• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about some ved/salad (weird names)

Pringle

Warren Veteran
I have bought mixed veg for bunnies and not exactly sure if they are allowed everything in it, as pringle had a sore tummy for approx a week just trying to see if its anything he may have eaten. Are these all ok for bunnies :-

Frisee (also known as curly endive)
Lambs lettuce
radicchio
escarole
white cabbage
raddiccio

As they are all weird names i couldnt tell what they actually are

Also can people name a few veg/salad they give their bunnies so i can try something new if they dont already get it

Am not sure about any of those names never heard of em :lol:But they can have these Sprouts, Green peppers, water cress, corgette, cauli leaves, spring greens, celery leaves, Rocket, Romaine Lettuce, Coriander, thyme, basil, rosemary,Those are a few i no some1 else will be able to help better than i can :)

Give all my piggies the above but not bunnies.
I give my bunnies:
Spring greens
celery
parsley
corriander
carrot tops
broccoli
cauliflower leaves
basil
mint
kale

Thank you :) xx

I hadnt heard of them either until i read the mixed salad bags, do you buy all your veg individually and chop them up or buy bags xx

Just cribbed this off a website. My Sooty used to love celery.

What vegetables and fruit can my rabbit eat?
Generally rabbits can eat: Basil, Spring greens, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots & tops, celery, coriander, clover, dandelion leaves, green peppers, parsley, watercress, sweetcorn, sow thistle, docks, brambles, spinach and kale. Fruits: Apple (not pips or seeds), banana, pineapple, melon, peach, pear, strawberries, seedless grapes, raisins.

I buy bags from various supermarkets near me, mainly co-op, all the buns have eaten this veg for a couple of months now but pringle got a very blocked tummy last week and it lasted about a week, today it feels lumpy again and i dont know whether its the veg or not. Its new bales of hay i have been getting could it be that :?

I very much doubt it being the hay hun i may be wrong but hay supposed to be the BEST part of their diet :)

I thought that but dont know what is causing the blockage of poo im so worried and feel useless as dont know what it is :( xx

If he not pooin and you are worried i would get in touch with the vet to be on the safe side :)

You musnt feed them any sort of lettuce! The only type of lettuce that you can safely feed bunnies is Romaine. Any other lettuce is bad for them.

Stick to:
Cabbage
Spring Greens
Brussel sprouts
Broccoli
Swede
Turnips
Carrots (but limited due to sugar content)
cauliflower
Kale

that sort of thing, you can prob get a list of safe foods from your vets as they often supply RWA food lists. ;)

PS!

Sorry I forgot to say in my prev post all those leaves you describe are lettuce. Any salad bags should be avoided for that reason.

Mia
x

Its only iceberg lettuce thats bad for them aint it :? or as far as i know anyway. He has been to vet got another injecton and meds home. We are thinking it may be the mite injection he got as the first time this happened, a week past thursday he has just got his mite injecton then he got it again on saturday and his tummys lumpy again, hopefully get it sorted xxxx

Back