• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can a rabbit jump?

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Higher than I thought anyway. Was cleaning out a hutch today the top one of a 6ft triple and bun was hopping around the garden whilst I did it. Turned my back for 10 seconds to get the new bag of bedding and next thing this rabbit is flying through the air and landed up back in his hutch meaning it had jumped just over 5ft off the ground as each layer is 2.5 foot high :shock:

Mr bun will be securely shut in a run from now on during his cleaning out time each day:roll:

That is pretty springy!!
I know that mine can clear almost 4ft from a standing start as they cleared all the first lot of indoor 'safety gates' we put up!
Damson also leaps up on top of his hutch which must be a 4ft jump and Parsley is for ever leaping the fences between the garden and patio area which are a similar height.

mowgli's like that when my nan looked after him she had 5ft high run round hutch and went out rosie was in the run but mowgli was on the lawn :lol:

that frightened bun that was here,jumped at least 6 foot in the air, because she jumped and i had to reach up to catch her mid air :shock:

My monkeys can climb a 4ft fence, but they do that by doing an initial jump and then clinging on and then climbing :roll:

siouxie had been on the shelves in my big run last night :shock: gawd knows how she got up there ...must be at least 4 foot ..:?

goodness proper jumpers iknwo that chelsea as a young bu n could easily clear 3.5ft..from standing :roll: as dad had to make the fences taller!!!! and arthur did a binky yesterday it was the highest ive ever seen it was about 3ft... both tom and i rushed out to check he was ok he was just happy!!!!! lol

:shock::shock:

I've only had smallish rabbits before and they could all do 3 to 4 foot!

I've not tried Cracker out, but he can do 3 foot binkeys from standing and very surprised he is too when he lands:lol:

Mine will jump around 4 ft on to a surface....if they have to jump over something they are right chickens and wont jump over 2 ft.

my run is 5ft high & the other day the boys was playing & running & one of them hit his back on the top of the run when he was jumping lol i couldn't believe it.

Back