• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

he's at it again,Coco and his thumping,grrr

mybunnies

Warren Scout
it must hurt all that thumping for gods sake he started at 12.15am and went on through the night,
left me in a foul mood and tired,
any ideas what i can put in the cage?
tried carmats he chewed them up,:roll:
tried sponge the took chunks out of it,:roll:

im soooooooo tired,

to top it off the brown little swine is fast asleep in the garden,:roll:
i feel like stamping my feet at his side shouting "how do you like it" :D

:lol::lol:biggles used to do that when he was stuck in for too long (i.e. i had to go out duringthe day )and make his statement known, he wanted out, you tried letting him run round the house at night for as long as you can , he got toys to play with that he can nibble?

:shock: :? :?

you have my sympathy ... we had this last year ..or was it the year before :roll: caused a massive argument with my neighbour ...
dont know what you can do if hes a chewer :?
i carpeted the hutches which did help a bit :?

the neighbours dont speak anyway,due to Coco:roll:
gonna try and get some carpet from somewhere,need to get some sleep tonight,

You could superglue some little padded booties to his feet. :lol: Or maybe not... :lol: You can get cheap carpet offcuts, or our local carpet shop sells their old sample squares for 50p each.

Hiya not sure if this is of any help but I picked up a pet blanket for £2.99 from Aldi today and have put that in my rabbit hutch its thick and padded. I know how you feel as my bunny has done this from time to time but luckily not too often

You could superglue some little padded booties to his feet. :lol: Or maybe not... :lol: You can get cheap carpet offcuts, or our local carpet shop sells their old sample squares for 50p each.

lol dont temp me!
just been to poundstretcher and bought 2 carpet mats,sorted all the hutch out,so fingers crossed for tonight.:?

Yippee. :D Maybe Sandy was fed up with the noise too and had stern words with Coco. :lol:

he is still thumping im tired out
bought some willow sticks and a vine ball yesterday for them,,,, still thumping argh................

Just a thought but what is over the other side of the fence behind them? I know there is a lot of trees, just wondering if there was a fox or some bats flying about over there that have maybe spooked him.

Just a thought but what is over the other side of the fence behind them? I know there is a lot of trees, just wondering if there was a fox or some bats flying about over there that have maybe spooked him.

That just what I was thinking. Maybe theres a fox around at night that you cant see or some sort of noise that you cant hear but he can

we did have a rat getting through,i reported this and its gone,iv checked all around the garden fence and no sign of anything getting in.
so i think its either a fox or a neighbours cat.
i think i might leave the sensor light on tonight and see if anything happens.

just wondered could a fox scale a 6 ft fence?

we have seen a squirrel during the daytime.

Last edited:
My rabbit Honey thumps a lot as well I don't know why. She is deaf so she can't be doing it because she can hear something! :)

Either is possible. We had a problem with foxes quite a few yrs ago, with my previous bun. The fox used to come into the garden and poo on the roof of the hutch :evil: but, thankfully, Reggie was never bothered by it and the fox never seemed to want to get into the hutch either.

Back