PDA

View Full Version : he's at it again,Coco and his thumping,grrr

mybunnies
26-08-2008, 01:52 PM
it must hurt all that thumping for gods sake he started at 12.15am and went on through the night,
left me in a foul mood and tired,
any ideas what i can put in the cage?
tried carmats he chewed them up,:roll:
tried sponge the took chunks out of it,:roll:

im soooooooo tired,

to top it off the brown little swine is fast asleep in the garden,:roll:
i feel like stamping my feet at his side shouting "how do you like it" :D

areia
26-08-2008, 02:02 PM
:lol::lol:biggles used to do that when he was stuck in for too long (i.e. i had to go out duringthe day )and make his statement known, he wanted out, you tried letting him run round the house at night for as long as you can , he got toys to play with that he can nibble?

mybunnies
26-08-2008, 02:07 PM
hes always done it he even does it in the garden!
hes a proper thumper,

bunnymadhouse
26-08-2008, 02:08 PM
:shock: :? :?

you have my sympathy ... we had this last year ..or was it the year before :roll: caused a massive argument with my neighbour ...
dont know what you can do if hes a chewer :?
i carpeted the hutches which did help a bit :?

mybunnies
26-08-2008, 02:15 PM
the neighbours dont speak anyway,due to Coco:roll:
gonna try and get some carpet from somewhere,need to get some sleep tonight,

KarenM
26-08-2008, 02:19 PM
You could superglue some little padded booties to his feet. :lol: Or maybe not... :lol: You can get cheap carpet offcuts, or our local carpet shop sells their old sample squares for 50p each.

bunsmum
26-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Hiya not sure if this is of any help but I picked up a pet blanket for 2.99 from Aldi today and have put that in my rabbit hutch its thick and padded. I know how you feel as my bunny has done this from time to time but luckily not too often

mybunnies
26-08-2008, 04:01 PM
You could superglue some little padded booties to his feet. :lol: Or maybe not... :lol: You can get cheap carpet offcuts, or our local carpet shop sells their old sample squares for 50p each.

lol dont temp me!
just been to poundstretcher and bought 2 carpet mats,sorted all the hutch out,so fingers crossed for tonight.:?

KarenM
26-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Hope it works. ;)

mybunnies
27-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Hope it works. ;)

it did i didnt hear one thump!!
looking at them now through the window Coco's hiding under newspaper:roll:
and Sandy is waiting for breakfast,lol
maybe she has smoothered him to make him quiet:lol:

KarenM
27-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Yippee. :D Maybe Sandy was fed up with the noise too and had stern words with Coco. :lol:

mybunnies
31-08-2008, 12:08 PM
he is still thumping im tired out
bought some willow sticks and a vine ball yesterday for them,,,, still thumping argh................

bunnymadhouse
31-08-2008, 12:10 PM
ohhh dear ... what a naughty bun ... :shock::(

i wonder why he does it :?

holidayhutch
31-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Just a thought but what is over the other side of the fence behind them? I know there is a lot of trees, just wondering if there was a fox or some bats flying about over there that have maybe spooked him.

Kipper
31-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Just a thought but what is over the other side of the fence behind them? I know there is a lot of trees, just wondering if there was a fox or some bats flying about over there that have maybe spooked him.

That just what I was thinking. Maybe theres a fox around at night that you cant see or some sort of noise that you cant hear but he can

mybunnies
31-08-2008, 04:25 PM

we did have a rat getting through,i reported this and its gone,iv checked all around the garden fence and no sign of anything getting in.
so i think its either a fox or a neighbours cat.
i think i might leave the sensor light on tonight and see if anything happens.

just wondered could a fox scale a 6 ft fence?

we have seen a squirrel during the daytime.

Foofy
31-08-2008, 04:31 PM
My rabbit Honey thumps a lot as well I don't know why. She is deaf so she can't be doing it because she can hear something! :)

KarenM
31-08-2008, 06:18 PM
just wondered could a fox scale a 6 ft fence?

Unfortunately yes. :(

Hope you manage to work out what's bothering him.

mybunnies
31-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately yes. :(

Hope you manage to work out what's bothering him.

could the fox get in and out over the fence without me hearing,or would he stay until he had got to the rabbits.

KarenM
31-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Either is possible. We had a problem with foxes quite a few yrs ago, with my previous bun. The fox used to come into the garden and poo on the roof of the hutch :evil: but, thankfully, Reggie was never bothered by it and the fox never seemed to want to get into the hutch either.

mybunnies
31-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Either is possible. We had a problem with foxes quite a few yrs ago, with my previous bun. The fox used to come into the garden and poo on the roof of the hutch :evil: but, thankfully, Reggie was never bothered by it and the fox never seemed to want to get into the hutch either.

hmm will have to keep an eye out when hes thumping,and see if i can see anything,thankyou for the advice:wave:

holidayhutch
31-08-2008, 09:49 PM
could the fox get in and out over the fence without me hearing,or would he stay until he had got to the rabbits.

He could do it easily unfortunately, possibility he would come over via the fence but get back via the hutch and onto the top of your shed. Thankfully you have a good secure hutch but a determined fox wont give up. Give the gorgeous guy (Coco) a snuggle from me.:D

H Maughan
31-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a real thumper of a bunny too. I had no idea as to why she did it. I just assumed something might have been spooking her but i could never see anything that could be scaring her. Since i've moved her hutch in a more sheltered area she never hardly thumps her feet at all.
I've never had problems with foxes as fortunately we have a very enclosed garden and i've only ever seen a fox twice since living here on the street.
Helen xx