• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Alfie

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Well he had a dental on Friday, & the vet said he had spurs on one side. He had a couple of cuts on the inside of his mouth too. They are nearly healed up, but he's on baytril as a precaution. This was probably what caused his weight loss as it was hurting him to eat:cry: Vet thinks he's been eating lopsided which has made the spurs worse, & then his mouth got cut, so he ate lopsided...:cry:

He's on mashed pellets now, just for a few days until we are sure he is back to normal & can eat without pain. Poor baby. Him & Polly are re-bonded back in the group now, & he definitely seems happier:D

He was binkying in the garden yesterday:D

Yay great news about Alfie :D. My Holly still isn't great after her conscious dentals, I think she's going to have to go under :(

Yay great news about Alfie :D. My Holly still isn't great after her conscious dentals, I think she's going to have to go under :(

I've had 3 buns have dentals now - all under GAs (Alfie plus 2 fosters - one who had a walrus front tooth when he arrived:cry:)

I keep thinking that if it ends up being a repeat thing, I will have to get a new vet that does conscious ones - (there's one in Sheffield) - but I hate changing vets when I like mine:?

The vet who does the consious dentals has been off, so I had the practice owner do it, to be honest I don't think he was as experianced with it. Zippy needs ga's really, but I was hoping to get away with it for Holly.

Back