• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much hay a day?

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
do your buns get through??? bcus i give unlimited hay they eat SO much, if anyone knows what those green 'waste' collapsible bins are, theyre soft plastic? well my four eat between them oneand a half of them

A DAY :shock:

these pair have about a 1/5 of a bag of purepastures meadow hay a couple of handfuls of timothy, a couple of handfuls of oat wheat and barley and a couple of handfuls of burns green oat hay and a handful of readi grass each day

pearl deffo eats more than alvin tho

I would say bailey gets through a hayrack full as hes the lesser of the 4, casper and marsha on the otherhand eat around 2 large carriers full really...

i am constantly filling em up. lys eats probably double bailey x

oh ive just worked out since getting dfh, per week i pay £1.60 for hay for the 4. not too bad at all.

I would say bailey gets through a hayrack full as hes the lesser of the 4, casper and marsha on the otherhand eat around 2 large carriers full really...

i am constantly filling em up. lys eats probably double bailey x

oh ive just worked out since getting dfh, per week i pay £1.60 for hay for the 4. not too bad at all.

thats good considering its hay off the net!

ive worked out it costs me 90p a week on hay for four buns!!!!

:shock::shock: but its only cus i get sooo much in bulk bcus of the boarders, i may get them some special hay as a treat though for when they move into their new outhouse/shed as a four..

do u they they need posh hay for their 'celebratory meal'

hahahaha

thats good considering its hay off the net!

ive worked out it costs me 90p a week on hay for four buns!!!!

:shock::shock: but its only cus i get sooo much in bulk bcus of the boarders, i may get them some special hay as a treat though for when they move into their new outhouse/shed as a four..

do u they they need posh hay for their 'celebratory meal'

hahahaha

haha yeah.

thats including postage, if we went to collect it would be even cheaper.

it may work out less, i have 1/3rd of a bale left, got first one middle of feb so depends when this one runs out and then ill work it properly.

its nice hay. i would eat it to.

haha yeah.

thats including postage, if we went to collect it would be even cheaper.

it may work out less, i have 1/3rd of a bale left, got first one middle of feb so depends when this one runs out and then ill work it properly.

its nice hay. i would eat it to.

well thats the thing, mine love our hay sooo much, when louise came over to help bond them i chucked a huge pile of hay in n they dived into it n scoffed the lot within a hour or so, so i dont buy it regular bcus their hay is fine, otherwise theyw ouldnt eat it.

i actually sell my hay in bags tomy boarders as their buns love it so much n they say they eat so little hay at home, its lovely and green, they adore it!

but im going to get them some posh hay as an extra treat:D

im on HE spending money lol.

Lys had tiny black poos this time last week, she now has bigger gold poos!!

since we got our new bales my bunnies poops are actually gold lol its hilarious, my mum came in from one of the boarfers just now n went 'becki has dark poops so ive given her lots of hay, thats right isnt it?'

lol bless her! shes learning!

Between 11 buns we get through two black dustbins full packed tightly a day :shock::?

Between 11 buns we get through two black dustbins full packed tightly a day :shock::?

lol thats what i got thru last 3 weeks cus of the ammount of holiday buns and piggies we have had! one bale lasted FIVE days

Back