• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anyone else like this?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Im going on holiday soon,My rabbits and piggies are being looked after by friends,Claude and Miffy are going to my friend who is a vet nurse shes having them in her bedroom:lol: The others are going to another friend but im worrying like mad about leaving them,i cant get excited because of it!
Is it just me?

i was the same in june :oops::oops: stes moms wedding and i should have been really excited but i spent the whole week pining... they will be travelling with me next time i have to go scotland lol

I'm exactly the same - I actually dread going away and leading up to it I wish I wasn't going away at all. Thankfully Holiday Hutch treats them like her own and they stayed with her for a few days for the first time in July and will be going again for just over a week in September and for the first time I can remember, though I still thought about them lots and missed them like crazy, I didn't spend most of my holiday worrying about them (it was the first time I'd been away since having Bell and T but I used to worry about my previous bunny).

No its not only you! I found it hard to get excited about my wedding and honeymoon cos we were leaving the buns (with my dad living in and taking care of them but still!)
I wrote a 6 page bunny manual for him when we left! With the vet's number's in bold!! :lol:

:wave: Im exactly the same your not on your own, i hardly slept the week before we went away, i left loads of instructions what they eat, what time etc plus while away i rang everyday, and they were fine:D Have a great time :D

I always feel bad about going on holiday and leaving them. I felt awful leaving Hobbes this weekend but we had booked to go away ages ago. I'm so glad he didn't die while I was away and seemed ok when I got back home but I'll always wonder if I could have done more for him if i'd have been here :(

We're on holiday in September and i'm already feeling bad about leaving them again even though they don't seem to have missed me when I come back!

My holiday this year was 2 days in Whitby, so I was close enough to get home if needed.

A couple of days before we went, I took all the dental buns to the vet for a check-up just in case their teeth might need doing whilst we were away...when I told the vet the reason for the check-up, she presumed that we must be going away for a fortnight or something...she thought it was very amusing that we were only going for 2 days :oops:

We've both never been away for longer than 3 days. I'm kinda paranoid that their babysitter will forget to feed them even then. :lol:

I do get worried for about a week before. I have a vet nurse come stay. Thing is she treats 'em better than I do:oops: & I don't think the buns actually give a toss who feeds 'em. The only ones who live any differently are Calel & Treacle. I put mesh over their area & they are confined to their room section instead of being allowed to play out - Vet nurse isn't scared of him, but I'm scared she can't run fast enough:lol:

We went away for my 40th birthday-a long weekend- 2 years ago. My friend moved into the house to look after our flock, she is a very experience pet owner and my animals know her. I still phoned everyday, and when she said everything was fine, I didn't believe her. Drove Mike mad, we've not been away since, more stressful than being at home.:lol:

We are going on our delayed honeymoon at the end of September and I have been dreading it for months already. We are only going for a week and it is only and hour and a half drive away but I really don't want to leave the bunnies. If it wasn't for Faye (fairy13) caring for a lot of my house bunnies in her home I don't think I would be going at all. I am so grateful to her as I know they will be well looked after :)

I am still worried sick about the ones left behind though. Someone will be checking them 3 times a day, but I keep thinking what if it's a week like the other week when we lost 3 bunnies, while we are away? The more I think about it the less I want to go.

we don't normally do holidays for obvious reasons but I supose we should really have a honeymoon even if it is just round the M25 :lol:

Back