• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help determining breed (and maybe sex?)

samo.chan

Young Bun
Hi all,

First off, I'm a n00b in these forums, so forgive any newbie mistakes ;)

I've got a new baby rabbit today, and the previous owner couldn't give me a a breed of the rabbit, so can I turn to you guys to help me out? the pics are below.

Also, the rabbit is quite young at 2 months... short of going the the vet, is there a way I can check the sex? I've checked the plumbing, and I *think* it's a girl....

Thaks!

P1000517.jpg

P1000519.jpg

P1000520.jpg

very pretty rabbit! :love: standard cross breed by the looks of it :)
Have a look online for photos of rabbit's bits - generally a females bits are kind of shovel shaped with a groove and boy bits are more tubular with a hole :)

:wave: Hi and welcome, he/she just looks like my Roo, take a look at my siggy, but im unsure of the breed, Roo is just over 5yrs old.:D

very pretty rabbit! :love: standard cross breed by the looks of it :)
Have a look online for photos of rabbit's bits - generally a females bits are kind of shovel shaped with a groove and boy bits are more tubular with a hole :)

X-breed? ******, guess it's not going to be easy to determine her (his?) breed, then...

Thanks for the sex advice too, and it is swinging more towards Doe.

P.s., it there a bunny heaven section? I want to post a pic of my last 2 rabbits, who have sadly moved onto their next lives....

X-breed? ******, guess it's not going to be easy to determine her (his?) breed, then...

Thanks for the sex advice too, and it is swinging more towards Doe.

P.s., it there a bunny heaven section? I want to post a pic of my last 2 rabbits, who have sadly moved onto their next lives....

:cry: Sorry to hear about your 2 buns, there is a section called Rainbow Bridge were you can post pictures etc.:Deb.

Hi and welcome to the forum:wave: He/she looks very like my gorgeous boy Bournville:

DSC01208-1.jpg

When you take him/her for a check and vaccinations the vet will be able to give you a definite answer though.:)

s/he is very pretty :) I would recommend having a vet sex him/her as its notoriously difficult to sex young buns cos they can look a bit...ambiguous :shock:

very cute bun....I'd get him/her sexed when you take him/her for his/hers mixi jab which you can get done now (can be done over 6 weeks of age) but you might want to let him settle into his new home for a few day.

Back