• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just ordered my DFH

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
3rd large bag since feb.

since getting dust free, my buns have gone through more hay than ever. they really enjoy it!!

just thought i would recommend Dust Free Hay to anyone who hasn't tried it x

Is there hay really really green and not feel really dry?

Bunnie likes it dark green and not dry to the touch:roll:

its stalky and fairly green.

One large bale lasts about 3 months with 3 buns... i now have four buns but should think it will still last bout the same!!

so it would last a year in theory lol.

bearing in mind mine get treat hay everyday ( a small bowl) such as readigrass, timothy or herbage timothy x

its stalky and fairly green.

One large bale lasts about 3 months with 3 buns... i now have four buns but should think it will still last bout the same!!

so it would last a year in theory lol.

bearing in mind mine get treat hay everyday ( a small bowl) such as readigrass, timothy or herbage timothy x

is it meadow hay then?

what type of hay is it?

meadow... dust free tho and it smells divine. marsha loves eating it straight from the hessian bag... she usually cannot wait and dives straight in. when i clean thier litter tray, she ends up in the bedroom for hours munching. :love:

It's great isn't it. I got my latest order from them a couple of weeks ago and they can't get enough of it. Got the ten smaller bags instead of the huge bale this time so that it's easier for getting it to the piggies in the shed, kitchen and bunnies upstairs. This time I had it delivered to my mum and dad's so didn't have the worry of them leaving it in the rain like they did last time.

It'd probably be 'orrible by the time I'd get to the end of the bale then, so it wouldn't be worth me getting a bale.. :(

My first bale lasted about five months and I couldn't believe the stuff at the bottom smelled as divine as when the bag was first opened.

If you go for the ten sacks rather than one huge sack, it probably keeps it fresher as they're individual bags and they're tied at the top.

Mine have never tried it.
Where did you get it?
Jack:D

It's from Dust Free Hay - Drake and Josh will have tasted it before as it's what Lynne uses - my two both dive into the sacks - they really can't get enough of it.

You can also go and fetch it - I don't think it's that far from Sheffield - Lynne and Steve go and fetch theirs.

It's from Dust Free Hay - Drake and Josh will have tasted it before as it's what Lynne uses - my two both dive into the sacks - they really can't get enough of it.

You can also go and fetch it - I don't think it's that far from Sheffield - Lynne and Steve go and fetch theirs.

Oh Great!
I think I will get a bag, see how they like it:)
Thanks x

I only get the big bale as it works out economically better.

but its fantastic.

i think norman had a word with dhl bout leaving it in the rain... hopefully itll arrive when we are in, if not they leave it behind our big bin x

ah see DH Hell are the only reason ive not tried them... i remember now why i never gave that hay a try before :?

thinx ill stick with the lovely hay experts stuff :D

I only get the big bale as it works out economically better.

but its fantastic.

i think norman had a word with dhl bout leaving it in the rain... hopefully itll arrive when we are in, if not they leave it behind our big bin x

I thought I'd worked out last time that though it's more expensive, there's more in weight so it balanced out, but then again maths has never been my best subject so who knows. But the ten bags packed up together do seem a lot bigger than the bale I've had every other time.

i don't know, with 3 buns for the most part, i still have a third of the bale left. according to norman the bales are more economical but as they are bulkier they are a bit of a pain!!

Back