• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally!

mystic.kitty

Mama Doe
My buns are now indoor buns.

I'm really happy but hubby still isn't convinced its the right thing to do.

I'm amazed at how messy my two are, they throw the hay everywhere and throw their food all over the place too (well thats mainly fishcake not haggis). They also seem to have the hang of their litter training, I was training them in their hutch and it seems to have worked for wees, but they seem to be pooing all over the place with only half of poos in the litter tray - will they eventually get the hang of it or am I going to be sweeping up after them all the time?

My buns are now indoor buns.

I'm really happy but hubby still isn't convinced its the right thing to do.

I'm amazed at how messy my two are, they throw the hay everywhere and throw their food all over the place too (well thats mainly fishcake not haggis). They also seem to have the hang of their litter training, I was training them in their hutch and it seems to have worked for wees, but they seem to be pooing all over the place with only half of poos in the litter tray - will they eventually get the hang of it or am I going to be sweeping up after them all the time?

whoooop whoooop hope you enjoy having housebuns...:D

afraid itll be sweeping up, then one day you wont care youll get on your hands and knees and pick em up its quicker :oops::lol::lol::lol:

You really can't be house-proud and have house bunnies :lol:!!

I'm guessing that there are so many poos around cos they're marking their new territories in the house. Keep picking them up and putting them in the tray ... hopefully, with time and patience they'll get the hang of it! Good luck! x

mine are like that....only wee in their litter tray but poo all over their cage - not outside it though, oddly. clean them up quickly and hopefully theyll learn that carpet is not for pooping on, there's no gurantees with buns though :lol::lol: enjoy having them inside with you :)

Thanks everyone, I'll just follow them round with the dustpan and brush then :lol:

I'm really enjoying having them inside rather than in the hutch, I feel I'll get the know them better with them being inside.

Thanks everyone, I'll just follow them round with the dustpan and brush then :lol:

I'm really enjoying having them inside rather than in the hutch, I feel I'll get the know them better with them being inside.

towels pinned to the walls may save your wallpaper too.. altho alvin just moves them out of the way the little :censored::lol:

Well done. It will take time but I am sure they will get it eventually. They are just getting used to it so you have done really well with the training.

I'm so happy for you!

I'd make sure all small dark places are covered (when I bring my rabbits in one of them is detrmined to go behing the washing machine, it's like a dark tunnel to him and rabbits love that :roll:)

I hope the relationahip with you and your buns gets so much stronger ^^

I'm still not allowed to move my rabbits inside :( I'm still living with my Gran and she's against it. She's an extremely housproud woman xD
Hopefully when I get my own place in about two years xD

My Tinkerbell is THE perfect housebun :angel:

She never wee's or poo's outside of the litter tray, doesn't chew anything and goes in her metal run at night without putting up a fight :D

She is perfect :)

My Tinkerbell is THE perfect housebun :angel:

She never wee's or poo's outside of the litter tray, doesn't chew anything and goes in her metal run at night without putting up a fight :D

She is perfect :)

are you sure shes a rabbit?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Donna, I actually believe she thinks she is one of the cats! When they eat, she eats as well, if they are on the settee, she gets on there as well!

Donna, I actually believe she thinks she is one of the cats! When they eat, she eats as well, if they are on the settee, she gets on there as well!

wow snowy used to be like that...act like a cat in fact tho we dont have cats next doors are always over and her and fluffy (dont actually know its name iv christened them all as they have 5) used to sit with her and groom her?!!!!!! then snowy(an outdoors bun may i add) would run indoors and climb up on the sofa and up onto the top and curl up....her fav spot... arthur loves being indorrs dora hates it!!! so i guess its down to the buns!

sure they will get hang of litter training soon xxx

:love::love::love::love::love: thats so sweet... obvisouly we will need pics just to be sure shes really the perfect bunny :p:D

I am planning on letting my house buns outside when we move soon to a house that actually has a garden! But for now they are strictly indoors. They poo ALL over their cage/run/enclosure not just in the litter tray and 2 or 3 times a day I just get down on my hands and knees and pick them all up. I know this may sound daft but I dont know where they wee! I cant see it anywhere! I hope its in the litter tray! They do not poo out in the house though so that is good. But still I wish I could work out how to get them to poo in the tray not just all over the cage!

towels pinned to the walls may save your wallpaper too.. altho alvin just moves them out of the way the little :censored::lol:

Bella and Tarquin have discovered the delights of wallpaper this weekend - it's only taken them a year :shock: :lol: :lol:

I was washing my hair in the bathroom and could see Bell leaning over the top stair and couldn't work out what she was doing - I could just see T's ears on the next stair down. When I finished and went out of the bathroom, both of them had disappeared, but there was a pile of wallpaper on the first few stairs :lol: :lol: :lol: They both keep going back to it to have another go, and Bell has discovered she can also get to the wallpaper on the landing near the bannister. You've got to laugh at their determination :lol: :lol: (there's not a lot of wallpaper left at bunny level after my previous bun Gracie developed a passion for it :roll: :lol: :lol:) and they're discovering the bits she never found :roll: :lol:

You'll love having house bunnies - I could never go back to having outdoor bunnies now, though you really can't be houseproud with house buns :roll:

Donna, here is the catrabbit :D

000_0044.jpg

Bella and Tarquin have discovered the delights of wallpaper this weekend - it's only taken them a year :shock: :lol: :lol:

I was washing my hair in the bathroom and could see Bell leaning over the top stair and couldn't work out what she was doing - I could just see T's ears on the next stair down. When I finished and went out of the bathroom, both of them had disappeared, but there was a pile of wallpaper on the first few stairs :lol: :lol: :lol: They both keep going back to it to have another go, and Bell has discovered she can also get to the wallpaper on the landing near the bannister. You've got to laugh at their determination :lol: :lol: (there's not a lot of wallpaper left at bunny level after my previous bun Gracie developed a passion for it :roll: :lol: :lol:) and they're discovering the bits she never found :roll: :lol:

You'll love having house bunnies - I could never go back to having outdoor bunnies now, though you really can't be houseproud with house buns :roll:

youll get used to the ripping sound... goes right thro my body now, no matter how quiet i know ill find Alvin on the end of a big chunk of wallpaper :lol::lol:

Back