• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hobbes has died :(

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
Hobbes went to the vets on Wednesday to have an abscess on his jaw removed for the 3rd time. He seemed ok afterwards and the vet saw him on Friday morning and said although it looked a bit swollen it was healing ok.
We went away on Friday after giving him his medicine and my mum came over to feed the buns. We got back Sunday morning and gave him more medicine and put him and Phoebe out in the run. He was nibbling grass and lying in the sun but I could tell he wasn't quite his usual happy self. He had his dinner and medicine at 9pm and was still ok.

This morning I had a lie in for a change (and now feel terrible knowing he was outside poorly :( ) I went out at 10am and he was lying flat out on the ground, he didn't jump up as usual so I rushed over to him. He was very cold but still breathing. I moved him and he let out a little cry :cry: I picked him up and brought him inside to try and warm him up. I held him close to me wrapped in a towel while I phoned the emergency vet. After taking a few breaths he slipped away :cry::cry:
I put him back in with Phoebe for a while and she washed him.

We have buried him in the flower bed under a pretty Hebe plant.

My poor little Hobbes, i will miss him so much :cry::cry::cry:

hobbesgrass.jpg

So very sorry Estelle. Hobbes was such a lovely looking bunny.

Binky free Hobbes. Pain free and young again at the bridge.

so sorry to hear about Hobbes. we all know how sad you ae feeling but take comfort in the fact that you were there at the end when he needed you most. Passing to the rainbow bridge in his mummy's arms is the last precious gift you could have given him.
binky free Hobbes x

Back