• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My neice...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
is round, (stars owner) and she asked me why i couldnt take star when they go on holiday anymore, and was it bcus i didnt like him!

i explained no, it was because he wasnt vaccinated, and she said 'but he doesnt have to be, mummy said'

so i told her the truth, i said that she made a mistake and they DO need to be and it could harm myown bunnies and of course my boarders. and then she asked me if he could die from it, and i didnt know what to say,so i said "he could do, if hes not jabbed it doesnt mean he will, but he could do"

and she got upset and said she didnt want him to die and that she would give me all her pocket money if i got him done for her.

:(:(:(:(

Aww bless her! Well done you or telling her the truth, I don't think there's any harm in children knowing these things, even if it does upset them a little. Have you spoken to her Mum about it (I'm guessing yes) - I can't understand why when given good advice, they wouldn't pay a relatively small amount to protect their pets.

Bless her. It's an awkward situation for you to be put in, but I think you were probably right to be honest with her.

i just didnt see the point of me saying he couldnt come here, and that he rmum was wrong.. to then say he wont get ill or die from it.

plus then if it does happen, i dont want to be the bad person who lied to her. soi told her the truth.

plus im so angry bcus stars hutch is 3 foot, and i have just given them a four foot double hutch and 5 foot attatched run, and now my sis has said they r gunna get a another rabbit bcus the other hutch is now empty?!?!?!?!

:roll:

i seriously question how we are related

:shock::shock::shock:

Couldnt you suggest she sells the hutch (for run shelter only of course ;) ;) ) and uses the money for vacc's?! Surely if she won't pay for vaccs she cant afford another bun :?

:shock::shock::shock:

Couldnt you suggest she sells the hutch (for run shelter only of course ;) ;) ) and uses the money for vacc's?! Surely if she won't pay for vaccs she cant afford another bun :?

she wouldnt get a pound for it, its tiny!

thing is she thinks she CAN afford it, bcus i gave her a hutch, so her other one is emoty, therefore she thinks 'well i dont need a hutch', she buys cheap mix, and we give her hay and straw from our bale, and she doesnt think vaccs are nessacery.

im banging my head against a brick wall

she wouldnt get a pound for it, its tiny!

thing is she thinks she CAN afford it, bcus i gave her a hutch, so her other one is emoty, therefore she thinks 'well i dont need a hutch', she buys cheap mix, and we give her hay and straw from our bale, and she doesnt think vaccs are nessacery.

im banging my head against a brick wall

vet fees? toys? veg? a run to exercise in?!

I know you know all this already just interested as to how she thinks she'll fund these things. have you tried showing her a pic of a bun with myxi?

anyway its probably no good cos she sounds unwilling to listen, but you have my sympathy at having to deal with her. ;)

Could you maybe talk with her mum?

Well done for telling your neice, I know it's hard having to tell someone something like that, but I think you did it the best way:)
Jack x

vet fees? toys? veg? a run to exercise in?!

I know you know all this already just interested as to how she thinks she'll fund these things. have you tried showing her a pic of a bun with myxi?

anyway its probably no good cos she sounds unwilling to listen, but you have my sympathy at having to deal with her. ;)

he has a run but it was too small n broken so we got star a big one n now shes saying its big enough for 2 bcus they can alternate :roll:

It must be so frustrating that your sister won't listen. Can't believe she wants to fill the tiny hutch again! Might be worth suggesting that the little hutch wouldn't meet RSPCA welfare requirements?

Oh dear :s

If I gave anyone a hutch I think I would make sure it was a swap instead after reading this :?

It must be so frustrating that your sister won't listen. Can't believe she wants to fill the tiny hutch again! Might be worth suggesting that the little hutch wouldn't meet RSPCA welfare requirements?

deep breath......

"but there not coming round so its not like i have to appeal to them"

Oh dear :s

If I gave anyone a hutch I think I would make sure it was a swap instead after reading this :?

Was going to put the same. I actualy do that now with any animal, I say a swap and then use excuse that a small cage will help me out with hospital cage or soemthing.

Well done for telling your neice the truth, best kids know. My kids know ins and out and they rant on to others when they dont do right with there pets.

thats so sweet of your neice hun... once a littleun has made such a big decision they usually stick to it.. i wish her lots of luck saving her pocket money for her little baby :love::love:

i knwo it wouldnt be ideal...but.... what about a companion for star? if both buns were neutered they could live in the new hutch (and the old one could get sold (as someone else said as a run shelter or hospitalisation cage...or given free to a rescue..) and both buns could get jabs if maybe niece paid halves from pocket money? i would be happy for you to tell the mum about chelsea and her getting myxi after 10 years of being healthy and had she not had that vaccs she would have died as it is we have a happy bunny still.... even if they only got the myxi one done(not saying vhd is not imortant just that it would be better than nothing and myxi is more commen.... tho i wish everyone had both done.)

or am i being daft to think that the situation would get worse. which cheap mix are they using? some are better than others...eg.bunny brunch has only 10%fibre where as wilko own has 14% fibre...still a cheap mix but if they eat it all is better than the other if you get what i mean?

i knwo it wouldnt be ideal...but.... what about a companion for star? if both buns were neutered they could live in the new hutch (and the old one could get sold (as someone else said as a run shelter or hospitalisation cage...or given free to a rescue..) and both buns could get jabs if maybe niece paid halves from pocket money? i would be happy for you to tell the mum about chelsea and her getting myxi after 10 years of being healthy and had she not had that vaccs she would have died as it is we have a happy bunny still.... even if they only got the myxi one done(not saying vhd is not imortant just that it would be better than nothing and myxi is more commen.... tho i wish everyone had both done.)

or am i being daft to think that the situation would get worse. which cheap mix are they using? some are better than others...eg.bunny brunch has only 10%fibre where as wilko own has 14% fibre...still a cheap mix but if they eat it all is better than the other if you get what i mean?

at least he does eat all of his mix, so its a silver linging of a cloud...

mum has taken the hutch round, she got annoyed and said 'why didnt you bring the run' and mum explained bcus its solid u cant fit a 5 foot run and a 4 foot double in the car, and she got ANNOYED over that!

she didnt say thank you, and she would let mum take the other hutch :roll:

if they end up with another one i am going to have a row, bcus if she cant afford a hutch, she cnt afford a rabbit. okay that hutch i got given, but i got it to save me mone, not bcus i couldnt afford one, and its not like i wouldnt have got one otherwise.

Back