• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Little Baby Belle... RIP.

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Recently my one year old Jersey Wooly buck ran away, and we suspect he had a heart attack from the overly friendly dog our neighbor has. He's calle Belle, and the reason is, the pet store owner thought he was a doe. Thus, we named him with more of a feminine name, but decided to stick with it, and call him a girl. Anywho, here is the only picture I could find of him without me and my family. It diffinately dosen't do him justice, but oh well.

IMG_1040.jpg

Here's a random picture of my 4 year old German Short Haired Pointer, Malone. I love him to bits!

IMG_0084.jpg

The size of the pictures are fine!

Maybe Belle will come home. Love your dog, he looks very contented reclining in a human's chair :lol:

Sigh....

Unless you mean she'll come home from Rabbit Heavan, I'm sorry, but I doubt that... The neighbors saw her (opps, I mean, him). It was they're sons wife's dog that had been over, and they saw the dog holding a grey rabbit in it's mouth. When we told them, they're face's dropped, and they frowned. The couple are really nice. Anywho, they asked us if we wanted to burry her, and said yes. They brought her over in a bag, and said she had no blood on her, only slobber. That's how they guessed it was a heart attack. The dog plays with they're sons cays, and puts the cats heads in it's mouth in a playing sense. The cats don't mind it, but Belle sure did. Oh, and when they brought Belle over, that's when they offered to get me another. The next day I'm stuck with a largish mixed rabbit that has fleas. The fleas are gone, now, but she's still unfriendly.

Yes, indeed. He was a little embarressed when he noticed my brother got a picture of him sitting back enjoying the sunrise.

Nope.

Nope, not yet, but I might try and get a few of her today.

I'm usually a great pet owner, and I know this sounds awful, but I just don't love her. I don't want to pick her up. She gives horrid scratches that tear through the skin, and when you give her food, she bites the dish, and pushes it away... I think I've tried everything. I tried getting her to warm up with carrots, I've tried to snuggle her, and I've tried getting her on a leash, but she just ends up either running back in her hideout, or scratching me.

:wave: Sorry to hear bout Belle:cry:, i think your new bun just needs loads of time and patience, she sounds timid, hopefully with time the trust will come.My lionhead is exactly the same, so i know how you feel.Take care.:D

I'm Trying.

Well, thanks guys. I'm going to start a Jersy Wooly and Holland Lop Rabbitry once my family and I find a nice country home. I'm hoping to get her to warm up and learn to trust again, but I'd also like to give her away to a home with more time.

Well, thanks guys. I'm going to start a Jersy Wooly and Holland Lop Rabbitry once my family and I find a nice country home. I'm hoping to get her to warm up and learn to trust again, but I'd also like to give her away to a home with more time.

Sorry to hear of your bun, how tragic. Binky free little one.

Regarding your new bun, maybe as you got her so soon after the death of your old bun? I would stick with her and give her time, shes probably scared. How old is she? And is she spayed? My french lop was a misery madam until spayed then i got her a boybun and there perfect now. I also have single doe's who were awful, they have recently been spayed and are now slowly coming round. They too are soon to be bonded into a group of five.

Natalie xx

Good Idea!

My family and Ilive in the country, and sadl rabbits aren't a huge thing to most unless they breed them for stock, or show. They, however, are very importent to me.

I live in Canada, if this could be any help, but, how much would it cost to spay your rabbit? I wasn't planning on breeding her because she's a mix, and since she's turning a year old this comming month. Oh, and like I just said, she's around a year old. If I could get her to warm up to m, I'd be more then happy to keep her for the rest of her days.

My family and Ilive in the country, and sadl rabbits aren't a huge thing to most unless they breed them for stock, or show. They, however, are very importent to me.

I live in Canada, if this could be any help, but, how much would it cost to spay your rabbit? I wasn't planning on breeding her because she's a mix, and since she's turning a year old this comming month. Oh, and like I just said, she's around a year old. If I could get her to warm up to m, I'd be more then happy to keep her for the rest of her days.

Oh i see. Canada, humm i dont know how much it would cost. It costs me in the UK £53.90.

Its nice to hear your not planning on breeding her :D

Shes still young then, how long have you had her?

Id give her time and im sure with patience she will come round. All mine have done, eventually. Its rewarding in the end :)

x

Hah, I Don't Know...

Hah, I don't really know how much that's worth in Canada. :)

Yup. I figure if I'm ever going to breed rabbits, it'll be for show, and I'll have already made arrangments for the homes.

Um, I just got her this summer. So I've had her for around a month. The neighbors are really nice, but I don't think that was such a good idea, giving me a rabbit the next day...

I'll keep trying... I'm still going to look for a suitable home for her, but while I'm at it, I might as well try. =)

Hah, I don't really know how much that's worth in Canada. :)

Yup. I figure if I'm ever going to breed rabbits, it'll be for show, and I'll have already made arrangments for the homes.

Um, I just got her this summer. So I've had her for around a month. The neighbors are really nice, but I don't think that was such a good idea, giving me a rabbit the next day...

I'll keep trying... I'm still going to look for a suitable home for her, but while I'm at it, I might as well try. =)

Oright, so you havent had her very long. I hope it works out for you.

I thought that too, im guessing they felt guilty, oh dear. Maybe not the best way around it though.

Keep trying with her, it can take a while but like i said its very rewarding.

I dont know what vets are like over in Canada and their knowledge on rabbits, but spaying could really change her behaviour....it has my lot anyway.

As i mentioned too once spayed, she could have a male bunny to play with :D

xx

Re

Oh, that would be cute. Would the male have to be neutered, or does it matter. I guess it would be best if he was fixed.

yes you could spey ehr and neuter a boy they could then be playmates buns love ccompany. i think they went about ti the wrong way with new bun(sorry for your loss as well.

think best thing to do is spey the new bun give her 4 weeks for hormones to settle and then sit near her every day and give her tiem to get used to new place and new person...with time im sure she will come round...dont give up on her yet xxx

Nope, not yet, but I might try and get a few of her today.

I'm usually a great pet owner, and I know this sounds awful, but I just don't love her. I don't want to pick her up. She gives horrid scratches that tear through the skin, and when you give her food, she bites the dish, and pushes it away... I think I've tried everything. I tried getting her to warm up with carrots, I've tried to snuggle her, and I've tried getting her on a leash, but she just ends up either running back in her hideout, or scratching me.

she will come round, she probably hasnt had much love frmo humans before and is stll getting used to them. its hard to love a new bun when youre still grieving for the other one....just accept her as a rabbit, acknowledge that she isn't your other bun and never will be, but that she has traits of her own for which you will grow to love her.
sorry about Belle. x x

Thanks Guys...

Thanks guys. You've really helped me understand her. Ever since yesterday, I've brought her into the house. I'm now visiting her a few times a day, trying to get her to come out of her hideout with carrots, giving her greens from outside, and a small handful of oats twice a day. She seems to love the oats, and enjoyed the grass, but wont come out for the carrots. I guess carrots aren't an interest to her. She's comming out of her hideout alot more now that she's gotten more used to her surrondings inside the house. She still wont let me pet her. When she's in her hut, I can pet above her nose, on her head, but she doesn't seem to like it much. She tolerates it. If she's out of her hideout eating something and I slowly extend my hand out to pet her on her back, she runs into her hut as quick as a whip. I'd like to spay her, but my mom doesn't think I should use my money for it. She loves animals, especially rabbits, but I think she doesn't like this one (Morgan). I'm still trying to gain her trust. I'll keep you all in touch.

Back