• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from the North East!

Kuja

Young Bun
Hi everyone! :wave: I'm Rachel and I've been reading the forum for a while, but just never got around to posting. :)

I have had one bunny previously (See my signature) but she died from EC a couple of years ago. I have missed her every day since. :( When I first got her I didn't know that much about rabbit care and I honestly didn't think I'd end up loving bunnies as much as I do now, but Ces was the best companion I could ever have wished for.

Now I'm employed again after moving house I can finally start thinking about getting rabbits again. I live very near Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and although there are a few rescues about it's difficult to get information on where there are small animals for adoption. Any rabbits I got would be housebuns and I would have plenty of time to spend with just one, but if I found the right pair then I'd love to have the experience of more than one...

If anyone has any info on rescues near me and their requirements for housing and such I'd be really grateful, as I am hoping to start gathering supplies in a couple of weeks.

See you all around! *runs off to post elsewhere* :D

Hi Rachel

Hi Rachel, I've just joined the Forum. I have two rabbits just recently acquired. Mine are from a breeder local to me but they're sisters so should get on ok. I know rabbits are sociable creatures so two's probably kinder than one (unless you have lots of time) and reading up on rescue rabbits the homes usually like to give them away in pairs. Anyway good luck. I had a British Giant up until last year when I had to have him put down but he had great character even though I had no flowers in the garden!

Jacqui

Hi there and welcome to RU!!

As for size of accommodation, most rescues recommend a 6ft x 2ft hutch minimum and a 6ft x 4ft run minumum. Unless of course they are going to be free range house buns.

http://www.farplace.co.uk/ - There website is down right now but the lady who runs this rescue is fantastic - her name is jan jan@farplace.co.uk
Last time i emailed her, she had about 30+ bunnies awaiting homes.

Then theres http://www.pawzforthought.org/pawz/gallery.asp which is probably closer to you

:D

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice, everyone! :D Will be posting some of my questions in other threads later hopefully.

Crystal Butterfly - Thank you for the links! Binky is so adorable! :love: I can't believe no one has taken him yet...

Back