• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much...

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
How Much Time A day do you spend with your buns?

I was thinking, and so I thought I'd be nosey:lol:
Jack x

Not as much as I would like!

It differs cause I work split shifts but probably on average, what with supervising them whilst they are running around the garden, grooming, mucking out etc between one to three hours. Not enough anyway.

Feel a bit guilty at times but I know they have each other.

Thats sometimes how I feel. Especially on School days! I spend 2-5 Hours with them on school days, but longer in the holidays, but I would love to spend all day with them.

depends if you count them hiding under the sofa as time together :lol::lol::lol:

when i am home which is all the time when im not at work my buns are out, they choose not to sit with me until about 9pm and then they are only waiting until pellet time :roll:

At the moment most i spend most of the day with Freddie and Bella. They are with me in the evening as well until i go to bed.

depends if you count them hiding under the sofa as time together :lol::lol::lol:
:

Or behind cupboards and pelting round room :lol:

I have a fair few caged animals so have to rotat time amongst them and dogs. Rabbits about 3 hrs one to one through the day time (rest of time he is crashed out somewhere, behind sofa etc.. Then when rats have been free ranged and spot cleaned and mice Rabbit/s get another 2-3hrs at night wahilst im on laptop or watching tv. Inbetween those times as with rats etc. Im always passing them and giving attention.

It's been great being able to spend lots of time with Gregory during the school hols - he's out and about and we have snuggles and play football overy now and then - but I always feel guilty during term time as well - I'm out of the house from 7am til 6.30pm but when I do get home from work, I sit with him usually til I go to bed.

(Your bunnies are absolutely gorgeous by the way Jack! :love:)

It's been great being able to spend lots of time with Gregory during the school hols - he's out and about and we have snuggles and play football overy now and then - but I always feel guilty during term time as well - I'm out of the house from 7am til 6.30pm but when I do get home from work, I sit with him usually til I go to bed.

(Your bunnies are absolutely gorgeous by the way Jack! :love:)

Thank You! x
Look how beautiful Gregory is!:love:

I think as long as your bun has a companion and a large safe area. Its not that bad if you can only spend an hour or so with your buns. I see mine first thing for breakfast, general check, open run etc. Then late afternoon for their tea and usually an hour of free range binky beforehand. Then before bed they get veggies/water change/extra hay etc before their run is locked.

Its different if you have a single bun, they need us more!

My bun just circles me if I go out with him. He doesn't like to be held but is very nosey and will come and see what I am doing if I am outside. (He can't come in the house due to DH's allergies)

I let him have free run of the garden from 6:00 - 8:00 If it is a school holiday (I work in a school) but if I am at work he is out for 1/2 hour in the morning and from 3:30 - 8:00. Obviously I can't be out there with him all that time but I do keep popping out.

well alvin and pearl were just sitting thro the other room in thier cage (plotting some sort of evilness im sure) after 5 mins of me sitting with them alvin was back to hiding under the sofa in this room :roll::roll:

pearl on the other hand settles herself down for a good fuss session.. least one of em luvs me :love::love::love:

ummmm tbh the maximum i ever spent is 2 hours bcus i cant sit in the run that long, cus the lid isnt tall enough so its uncomfy lol!

but i will sit in there with them for up to two hours, if they are free range in the bun garden its about the same, but its for my benefit not theirs, they dont mind!

Back