• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet insurance quote - is it about right?

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
Have been dithering about insuring my four buns for ages now and have just got off the phone to petplan for a quote.

They've quoted me - for the four buns - £31.31 with the first three months free and an excess of £45. Is this about right do you think?

Doesn't sound too bad for four buns to me. The most important thing is the level of cover you're getting - are you covered for life for ongoing conditions?

That sounds good to me - from them I got £9.67 a month with 1 month free. That's for the life cover - it's important yo get this. Definitely get the insurance I had a £220 vets bill on Friday so was extremely glad I had him covered and only had topay the £50 excess.

Yep, sounds about right. Remember a lot of the other "major" insurance companies only do cats and dogs.

we are with petplan for our 2

Yes it is life cover. I think I'll probably go for it. I just don't want to take the risk of anything happening to them and worrying about money on top of that. I would do anything and pay anything for my lot without question!

I have been putting £20 a month away but I'm thinking if one needs treatment, I don't think that'll cover much!

Yes it is life cover. I think I'll probably go for it. I just don't want to take the risk of anything happening to them and worrying about money on top of that. I would do anything and pay anything for my lot without question!

I have been putting £20 a month away but I'm thinking if one needs treatment, I don't think that'll cover much!

yeh, but if you put the ammount insurance will be i.e 30 something quid, plus the excess, you'd be better off doing that!

i have four buns and i put money aside for them bcus i found insuring four buns just isnt worth it, when you have to pay the excess bcus whatever it is, has 2 be more then the monthly feee plus excess before its worth anything

if thats making any sense at all!!!

Back